Expander mandrel sets

Even with carbide mandrels I've found it useful to lube the case necks inside with a scosch of resizing wax on a Q-tip. My latest thing is to size the case with no expander and just seat the bullet with no further expansion. Seems to work ok so far.

In the past I've had shoulder collapse on a couple of 6.5-06 cases when trying to expand the neck. The cases couldn't be salvaged.
Too late to edit, but I meant to say 6.5-06 AI cases and the sharper 40 degree shoulder and not with the 6.5-06 cases. I can't speak to other brands, but Redding advises against this practice if you do it using their competition dies.

The load I tested that on was sized with a mandrel .001" under bullet diameter. I will admit that the powder charge was not tuned at all it was just an arbitrary load I picked.
At the present time I have been using the 21st century nitride mandrel .002 under and will soon get a .001 under just to see if I can reduce my numbers as well.
I experienced a single bullet set back problem several years ago and thought the tighter neck tension would reduce that but my numbers has been nowhere as low as yours!
I now expect not annealing or overused brass was the culprit.

Will a "thinner" turned neck provide the same neck tension as a presumably "thicker" unturned neck if expanded with the same mandrel? Also the sizing die should reduce neck ID of a turned case less than with an unturned case.

Will a "thinner" turned neck provide the same neck tension as a presumably "thicker" unturned neck if expanded with the same mandrel? Also the sizing die should reduce neck ID of a turned case less than with an unturned case.
In terms of pressure the thicker neck will put more pressure on the bullet with the same interference fit. Yes if you turn necks you will need a smaller bushing