Excalibur Crossbows

Commissioner

I just want to give a shout out to Excalibur. The new Matrix series in either the 380 or 405 are extremely accurate and have enough kinetic energy to harvest Cape Buffalo. I have 2 friends that have both taken Cape Buffalo with Excalibur's 150 grain Boltcutter broadhead and the last BUFFALO FELL WITHIN 40 yards. There was no need for a follow up shot.

I've personally harvested a 200 pound field dressed whitetail and the big boy only offered a frontal shot and the bolt traveled through his entire chest cavity and exited near his right flank. Both of these models of crossbows have power beyond belief. In fact, my bolt was found buried broadhead deep in a tree behind the deer. I also hunted a nice bear with my Matrix 380 back in October.

I'm looking at buying their Micro 335 series when it comes out in January for hunting doe, turkey and other game that doesn't require so much firepower. The Micro series also comes in a smaller size which makes it easier to handle in a blind. Pronghorn type animals don't need the power that the Matrix 380 or 405 possess, but with my Trijicon scope on my 405, I certainly feel confident in making an 80 yard shot. The Matrix is certainly suitable for taking on even the toughest hogs roaming the land.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 193
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.