exbal and spindrift

jmason

Does exbal account for spin drift? If I tell the program I have a zero wind condition, will it still give me a windage correction for that distance?

This is kind of a piggyback to NONYA's post.

Are there any programs out there that do? How does one compensate for there shots when it becomes a factor. I don't know but I would imagine it becomes a factor at distances as close as 6-700 yards?

Really.

You can read the wind *that* good, to be able to tell that the extra... what, half minute? was due to spin drift, not your wind call being a little 'off'?

You're good :)

When the tiny amounnt of wind that does exist on occasion is blowing the OPPOSITE direction that the bullet is drifting it doesnt take a genius to figure out something else is effecting the bullets path.gun)

FFS does account for spin drift.
Exbal does it as well but you have to enter the value manually at your max. shooting distance.
The software then calculates the spin drift at all other distances

FFS does account for spin drift.
Exbal does it as well but you have to enter the value manually at your max. shooting distance.
The software then calculates the spin drift at all other distances

So FFS does a calculation to come up with a correction or does it require some kind of input like exbal?

I will have one hell of time knowing the difference between spin drift and wind pushing my bullet.

FFS calculates the spin drift and doesn't need any additional input other than right or left hand twist.
The new version 4 is out now and it really rocks

I was reading the info on both of there sites. Maybe I missed it but FFS doesn't require or need your altitude?

I also couldn't find where exbal calibrates for your turrets not moving your POI exactly how th scope MFG says it is.
ie., 1 click=1/4" or moa

I was reading the info on both of there sites. Maybe I missed it but FFS doesn't require or need your altitude?

I also couldn't find where exbal calibrates for your turrets not moving your POI exactly how th scope MFG says it is.
ie., 1 click=1/4" or moa

Any accurate calculation needs altitute and/or pressure depending on your settings and so does FFS.
FFS has a calibration function but with Exbal you have to do the math yourself and then just input the real click value.

ie., 1 click=1/4" or moa

If you are talking about the PC version of Exbal, you can go into Options/Sight adjustment specs and set the clicks to custom. Values between .01 and 2 are accepted, you also set the units (MOA, Mil, IPHY, CPHM) .

Hope this helps,
AJ

My questions are more geared to the field versions. However is it then possible to import the pc version data into your field device?

I'm sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to work out what ever the differences are between these types of software.

My questions are more geared to the field versions. However is it then possible to import the pc version data into your field device?

I'm sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to work out what ever the differences are between these types of software.

No need to import. You can do the same thing in the PDA version.

I have both but I havn't used Exbal after I got the new version af FFS.
FFS is, IMHO, by far the best software of the two.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.