Euro Mount

Muddyboots

So a really good friend that we got set up with Hastings slug barrel for 870 as a PIF, killed his first deer, first buck with it this year. Haha! Even with slugs I reload. Made really nice 75 yd shot on him. Not a giant but the joy is something to see first hand. I just happened to be hunting near him when he shot and the apprehension walking up was like he was my kid. Walked over with him to where he shot and great blood trail so rest was history. So head was in my freezer for a while to get past some back and flu crap. Skinned out prob easiest I have ever done and is rendering down perfectly. He doesn't have the extra to have mount so this is next best. Will be off a Skull Hooker mounted on red faded barn board with photo of him behind buck. When you have someone so fired up about deer hunting, you have to feed that hunger. He is our future. I am believer in PIF especially in the outdoors. The numbers are going down and we need to help bolster them back up any way we can. I hope this might "trigger" a response for someone else.

0AED547E-1FC6-44BF-AAF4-7084C10D87B9.jpeg
CFB4B8FA-02BD-46FB-8222-BD67109D3261.jpeg

"GOOD on you Muddy "

I remember before I move out West we had 800,000 plus Hunters here in Michigan, I see it has dropped way down in numbers . It's truly sad . The Deer Camp stories , food , Wiskey , beer ect was like a Family tradition ! It seemed like it would last forever. I guess we need to get as many young hunters involved as possible .
I know I dont have to push my two grand boys out west to hunt ...they are rip & ready to go now ! Ha ha

Thanks for posting this ! It gives us old guys a chance to help out the young ones and get them involved !

Rum Man

Lets face it, us older "mature" guys have stuff laying around we will never use, but is good start for a lot of young guys or gals. Or even older that never got chance to have someone help them along as friend, as mentor. That slug barrel was gathering dust so now it is creating memories that might not have happened. I bet if we all go through our closets, camo clothing, (unless Sasquatch size in my case), knives, arrows we moved on from, broadheads, list is endless. Heck can be fishing gear too.

There you go again Muddy, setting that bar just a little bit higher for the rest of us lol. What a great friend you are to him. And you wonder why you got homemade soup and your driveway plowed the other day.....

So finished up euro, let dry for 2 weeks to reset hardness of bone then slathered 40% salon peroxide (nitrile gloves and safety glasses a MUST!), placed outside in southern exposure for 2 days of sunlight. Sun helps "activate" the whitening of the bone by the peroxide.

Mounted on barn board with Skull Hooker plus photo of kill and him. Photo was not the best but worked it over a bit. Could not remove sun glare completely but better than what it was.

So just dropped it off this morn and you couldn't wipe his smile off with belt sander!

D4F33A4C-1B2C-4400-9424-EE311EC09F7D.jpeg

Muddy, That is straight up impressive and comforting to know how you value helping others. Good true friends are few, and it appears to me you are one of the few!!