Enough to make a grown man cry

okie man

I have this little cz 527 223. Had it for years, love it. I've shot so many coyotes, bobcats , turkey , rabbits and quite a few deer with it! I've worked on it, floated the barrel, bedded the action, adjusted the trigger to perfection. I've spent hours , worked up I don't know how many different powder, primers and bullets to find the most accurate load! It's worn 3 different scopes, each one better than the previous as money has allowed. So today I take it to the range, new vortex scope and 50 rounds of the best ammo I can produce. 26 grains of hodgdon benchmark, cci br primers, 50 grain vmax bullets in Winchester cases. After I get the scope dialed in I shoot 10 , 3 shot groups. Every group had at least 2 holes touching and the third less than a 1/4" away! I'm ecstatic. I've found the load I don't think I can improve anymore! So I pack up and head home. This where things go bad! I break out the cleaning supplies to give my beloved gun a good cleaning. I run the first patch down the bore and the jag slips down the patch and the cleaning rod is stuck in the barrel! I mean stuck!!! Can't drive it out with a hammer stuck! I cannot get it out! It will not move either direction! I am so mad! What do I do? Im sure the barrel is toast, the rod has a gouge on one side from the rifleling!

Jag is out! It was sticking out of the end of barrel! Patch and rod are stuck in end of barrel!

morning, unscrew the rod from the jag, if not already done. get some kroil oil. u can

buy at fastner supplies. put a cotton ball in the receiver end of the barrel. make sure

the ball in tight in the receiver end of the barrel. now fill the barrel with kroil oil. put

a pie pan in a corner on the floor. prop the rifle next to the pie pan so the kroil oil

will seep into the pie pan. do this for a week. then try to dislodge the jag. the kroil

should desolve the patch. will not hurt anything. kroil oil is very slick. if possible

get a piece of brass brazing rod the size of a .17 cal. bullet. u can get at a welding

supply or a fastner supply place. do not use a lot of force trying to remove the jag.

try to remove the jag striking the rod from the end of the barrel toward receiver.

good luck. if the jag is made of brass barrel damage should not b present.lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.