Enfield Rifle

moosehunter

Ive inherited an old Lee Enfield .303. Not my rifle of choice but I figure Ill use it in the heavy bush. Unfortunatly it was not well cared for and the bore is dark. After much scrubbing with Hoppes and ammonia mixtures it still shoots 10" groups at 50 yds. Any fixes for this without spending a pile on a $50.00 rifle?

hmm, i would fill the bore up with some montana extreme for an over nighter. i did that on one of my rifles that i never really "cleaned". took it out nice. no sign of damage either with a bore scope. good luck.

Replacement barrels are plentiful for those from gunparts and other sources. Not too hard to replace either if you got the tools. Just some of them are really tight. What type is yours?

Also Is your enfield sporterised or is it still in full militry stock. What are the narkings on the butt socket? Are there any other markings? Is it a #4 or a SMLE?

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.