Eld-x in 6.5

Made a load today with the 143 gr ELD-X for my 6.5x284. Very similar to my Berger load 54 gr H-1000 WIN STD primers jumping 35 thou it runs 2950 out of a 26" tube and shot almost half minute at 200 yds - 1.1". Goin to check some drops in a couple days. So far looks pretty good but i did get some copper fouling that was a buggar to get out.

anyone trying these through the 264 Win mag?? I have a few going to try, Not sure How much I should back off from my 140gr Berger load

Just had a 6.5-284 built... will be finished this week. I will be trying the 143 ELD-X this weekend or next. I will document my findings and snap some photos. I'm going to start with:

Lapua Brass
210M Primers
50 Grains of 7828SSC

3) 3 shot groups seating at touching, .030, and .060...

Ill report when Im finished

I have been working with these ELDX bullets in a CBI barrel I just put on my savage 111. I am using IMR 7977 and they are shooting great! .35" @100yrds. It so far is holding about .5moa out to 1000 if I do my part. Got a milk jug @ 1000 on the 2nd shot after I got my wind correction right.

jf239,
Great to hear your rifle likes the Hornady's.
How close to the lands did your barrel like them?
What was your velocity and how long is the barrel?

It's a 26" 1 in 8" twist. I am loading them with a .020 jump. Average velocity is 2975 with 12fps SD.

Yes, it's a 6.5x284norma. Barrel is a Criterion Barrel from Northlandshooterssupply

I've got some ELD-X loaded for my Savage 116 in 6.5x284 norma. I am testing from .010" off to .030" off.
I'm using Retumbo and BR2 primers in Lapua brass.
What primers are you using?

I wish I had some br2 to try. I have a bunch of WLR so that's what I am using but they are working great. I used retumbo with my factory barrel and it did great. I would be using it with this new barrel but I had a pound of this new IMR powder and thought I would give it a try. It's doing pretty good so I think I will stick with it until I ever run into not being able to get it.

To be honest, I haven't found a seating depth that this new CBI barrel doesn't like with these bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.