EEZOX barrel conditioner

Mateo

A local shooter told me about Eezox as a barrel conditioner. He said to use it once my bore is completely clean and to let it soak into the exposed metal. I used a Dewey jag and scrubbed the bore with I light coating of it. Let it sit a few hours, ran a dry patch and then repeated the steps a few times. Letting the eezox work it's way into the micro pores. was told it would cut down on copper buildup. Anyone use it like this? I have this nagging feeling I'm wasting time.

I have a feeling you'll be wasting shots trying to get the bore re-fouled to stable and best shooting.

The best pre-fouling I've found is a dry burnishing of WS2 (tungsten disulphide). Somehow, it matches powder fouling even better than graphite..

I'm not so sure your are wasting anything.

I do this. It only takes a couple shots to season the barrel. Then it seems to hold up a long time before cleaning.

I seem to alternate between EEZox and Frogs Lube. Both work as I intend.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.