Eberlestock J014-107? Carrying tents,bags

RockZ

All of you Just One users.
How do you pack your tent, sleeping bag , etc when you are going out on a spike camp.
Is there room in the main compartment or do you use the spike camp duffle.
Any info is appreciated.

Going again this weekend to scout up eastcanyon for elk and i have the J107M and as far as tents and sleeping bags they can go inside the main compartment but you can attach them to the outside or under the duffel on top and strap in these thing configure to a huge capacity or that of a day pack I just love it. This will be just a overnight thing this weekend

Last edited:
Hiking to the Spike camp location. I pack Removeable waist bag, tent and sleeping bag on top. Dried foods, fuel, cooking pot and water filter in one back pocket and sleeping mat in the other back pocket. Clothes, hygene and camp specific stuff are seperated in the Spike Duffel accessory bag.

That provides a better balance for me. I prefer my load high and center over my shoulders. Binocs and handgun in two forward waist/belt pouches. I can set up the tent, toss in the spike duffel, empty the back pockets and I am ready for stalk/scout mode. Quick and easy.

Stalk / Scout mode. Pack down to day runner size. 3L Water, Rifle, energy food and small tarp and game bags in the back pack, Removeable waist pack on top with an additional 3L of water, Hunting Licence, ID, 1st Aid kit, Skinning / Cleaning stuff. Optics and handgun at hand in forward waist/belt pouches.

Stalk to kill, Drop the backpack and place the water proof cover Orange side out in a visible location. It is easier for you or a hunting partner to find if it is orange instead of camoflauge. Remove and travel with waist pack only. Waist pack makes a great bench rest for the shot. Rifle in hand, Optics over the shoulder. After harvest, initial cleaning and snow packing of carcass I retrieve my Backpack, wherever I left it, return to debone and head to spike camp. Then I can rearrainge to pack out as much as I can and return for the remaining hard gear the next day. This year I will be hunting with a friend, so it will be nice to share the pack out loads.:D

Thanks for the info guys, very helpful.
I've decided to get the j104 with the spike camp duffle.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.