Earning accuracy:

At the risk of showing an extreme lack of knowledge, it appears that he anneals after ever shot. I always thought that annealing gave you longer case life. What else does it do and what effect does it have on ES and group size?
I will now stand ready for all of the "How stupid can you get" comments along with the "What kind of idiot are you" statements.
I really thank everyone in advance for the great information that I know will be forthcoming.
Annealing makes the brass softer so it doesn't have as much spring back. This helps control neck tension and sizing. Also helps eliminate split necks.

I was more interested in his process, new to me some of it.
Actually originally thought I'd add it to another thread regarding accuracy, but found it shut down:eek:
The 2 shot group generated more comment than I expected, figured the cartridge would generate more heat:rolleyes:

I was more interested in his process, new to me some of it.
Actually originally thought I'd add it to another thread regarding accuracy, but found it shut down:eek:
The 2 shot group generated more comment than I expected, figured the cartridge would generate more heat:rolleyes:
what, Like saying 6.5 creed:D

Just last week my friend shot a two shot screamer the hole was enlarged south and east but not by much looking at it ,took a picture of it ,and his Magnetospeed v3 readout standard deviation was 0.0 , rifle stock TC Dimension ,Cartridge 708 rem, 22bbl powder W760 ,case ?,primer ?,bullet 140 ? Fps ?,brass was Annealed by me & shot 2nd time . But I called him & he's not home , PS he's 79 yrs young and his 1st Cousin and I where there with him when he shot it ! Yeah I couldn't be Prouder for him or Happier ,Cheers great topic !

I don't think I'll ever get to that level of ES,,, but its sure fun knowing that some folks can pull this off...

I'm pretty happy seeing a ES between the 30 out of 100 shots,,, I really start to Grin when it happens with 200 rounds...

Loading in bulk by doing each step in stages has improved the ES alot..

Good to know that it's possible to tighten it up even more,,, """so long as it doesn't take away from my out door time.""" Ha

Good to know that it's possible to tighten it up even more,,,
C'mon man,, of course it's possible.
Most of us here have produced a ragged hole with a couple early shots in 5 (that rarely end so well). I'm sure you have.
That's when we could stop, take pictures, and submit an article about just how easy it is. And so meaningful it is..

Seriously, I think it was merely supposed to be interesting, with no implications.
And I like the site it was posted at. But they obviously lack objective & competent peer reviewing for their articles. This, frequently leading to editorial impressions (sensationalism) that are less than credible (like a real magazine).
Hey look everybody, someone PROVED you can achieve zero ES*
BANG! BANG!! WOW!!!
*With 2 shots of nothing special reloading, and a chronograph that isn't accurate to 0FPS

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.