Earning accuracy:

I am in NO WAY even attempting to imply I am even in the same solar system as Mr. Murdica in terms of accomplishments or abilities, BUT I am having some difficulty understanding the point he was trying to make taking only 2 shots.

What details go with the picture?

Is your process anything like the video?

Pretty cool! What do you think in your reloading process is key up that kind of result?

I did not watch the video.
I do not think I can repeat the results as far as ES/SD. Although, it is a single digit ES rifle/load, and low single digit SD. I have several .1" groups with this rifle. Usually in the low .2s @ 100, but have shot .2 MOA out to 808 yards.
R-P brass, weight sorted to within 2gr across 400ish pieces.
Brass has been fully prepped, including primer pocket uniform and flash holes deburred. Most is on firings 7-8.
FL sized every time, w. .291" bushing, shoulder bump .0015".
Expanding mandrel .263"
Tumble in walnut media
Anneal
Load to within a single kernel of H4350 on RCBS 5-0-5 beam scale
Seat bullets to exactly 2.210" CBTO (.021" jump)
Front Caldwell Rock rest
Rear bag

I think exact same shooting technique have a lot to do with ES/SD as well as precise loads. Same recoil management every time. More pressure on your shoulder means less free recoil, means higher velocity. Snipershide had a demo video of this, so I try hard to keep it consistent.

Same rifle, different 3 shot string with different load during development, ES 5, SD 2.7.

Last edited:
morning, very unique in the reloading process. I do not have
the facilities of this person, using a large amount of his
techniques I have shot groups as small as his. my
243AI, 6mmAI, 223's and my 300winnie will shot
these size groups.
VERY unique and learning process for all in his reloading
and shooting techniques. another day of knowledge.
justme gbot tum

I'm mostly impressed with how many cases he has sized to use that much Imperial sizing wax! #goals

I had a wallet group that I carried in my wallet for a few months. Ten shots, 6 PPC at 200 yards, one ragged hole with a bump on one side that was ALMOST, but not quite, a unique hole. Otherwise, it was a single ragged hole about 3/8ths inch around. I showed it to one friend, he said "too bad about that flyer!" I took it out of my wallet, took it home, and hung it on the wall. No more bragging, with friends like that!

I am in NO WAY even attempting to imply I am even in the same solar system as Mr. Murdica in terms of accomplishments or abilities, BUT I am having some difficulty understanding the point he was trying to make taking only 2 shots.
Accidents happen. I did it with 5 rounds 1 time. Different case. Must have been a chrono issue. Haven't done it since. Didn't call Accurateshooter and tell them I wanted to do an article. Wouldn't have happened anyway.

Did a group almost like that. Using a xp100 stock pistol in 7br. 284 bullit, hole Miked at .286, with 5 shots.

At the risk of showing an extreme lack of knowledge, it appears that he anneals after ever shot. I always thought that annealing gave you longer case life. What else does it do and what effect does it have on ES and group size?
I will now stand ready for all of the "How stupid can you get" comments along with the "What kind of idiot are you" statements.
I really thank everyone in advance for the great information that I know will be forthcoming.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.