Dropped this evening.

Ohlongarm

Coyote pup distress,on a sand bar on the Rocky River,Ohio. 17 caliber wsm,15 grain @3000 fps just under the right eye mushed his face pretty good,91 yards .
mistake.jpg

Ohlongarm , interesting he's not as raggedy as I would have thought they would be in that part of the world this time of the year .

I did some work for a guy a few years back . He gave me a case of Hornaday 20gr. xtp so that's all I've used in my 17HMR . It seems to need cleaned often , 100 rounds or so . I was kind of thinking maybe it was the bullets being a little softer copper . How do the Winchesters do for you as far as fowling ?

I did some work for a guy a few years back . He gave me a case of Hornaday 20gr. xtp so that's all I've used in my 17HMR . It seems to need cleaned often , 100 rounds or so . I was kind of thinking maybe it was the bullets being a little softer copper . How do the Winchesters do for you as far as fowling ?
I have a 17 Winchester super mag,I haven't noticed much fowling.I'm putting a Boyds stock on mine and having it free floated and pillar bedded,savage stock is junk,it should shoot better when I'm done.That 15 grain sure is tiny,was hesitant to shoot that yote in the body,but I'll need to find out eventually.Here's the flea wagon loaded with 2500 lbs of hickory.Just saying.
big load.jpg

I have to say that I enjoy a good piece of hickory . Pig hickory is my favorite for handles and knife scales .

I have to say that I enjoy a good piece of hickory . Pig hickory is my favorite for handles and knife scales .
I've only shot two yotes with it,one at 75,one at about 91 both shots were lasered afterwards with my Halo 750,one took a neck shot,drt,one took a face shot under right eye,flipped him he was drt about 3 feet from where he was hit.Look at blood splatters to right,that's where he was initially hit. I guess it's too early yet to make a call yet,but with shot placement i'm guessing 150 maybe 200,time will tell.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.