Drop Question???

HOGGHEAD

I am shooting a 300 WSM. Bullet is a Sierra 155 grain Palma at 3200 fps. BC is suppose to be .450. I have a 25 minute base to put on the rifle, but as of yet I have not put it on the rifle. I will be hunting with the rifle out to about 600 yards. We have a 1,000 yard range that I would like to shoot, but I need to figure out if I need to install the new base.

If I have a 100 yard zero, how many minutes will I need to hit center at 1,000 yards. I have tried a couple of ballistic calculator's but I can not seem to get it right. Could some one either run this, or point me in the right direction to a ballistic site where I could do it myself(easy site).

I will probably be zeroing the rifle at 400 yards when I hunt with it. That way I can dial down to 200, and 300. Or dial up to 500, or 600?? Thanks, Tom.

from a 100 yrd zero you'll need a lil over 26 MOA to make 1k, so it depends on how much travel your scope has, I don't think it'll hurt to put it on if everything else is right, all it'll do is make alot of your down adjustment up adjustment.
There are exceptions though, I have a scope on my 7 AM with 105 MOA of vert. but a 20 MOA base bottomed that scope out, so with a 0 MOA base I'm now 87 MOA from the up stop. I think its a flaw in the outside reciever dimentions.
RR

Good Information

Thanks for the information guy's. That is exactly what I wanted. That web site was very easy for me to use. Thanks Again, Tom.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.