Drop leg holster For Glock Model 20 and 40 in 10mm

I have a gunfighters inc kenai for my 4" 500 S&W.
I also have the stealthgear drop leg with dual straps for it. Also has the QLS quick detach clip system

Big, heavy, gun.

The drop leg has a great backing plate and padding to keep things comfortable, but you do need to cinch those straps down. It also has a belt attachment strap, I'll say this, with the weight of my gun, that one belt attachment strap is not enough, even with dedicated gun belts. It needs another strap or a wider top, or something to distribute the weight better and not twist on the belt. With those QLS quick detach clips on it, the gun is also several inches off the body, this doesn't help the gun moving issue, it gives that big hunk of steel more leverage...

So, I bought the Safariland big paddle and their rubber strap drop thing to try on it, haven't gotten it yet though. But this means the weight and the twisting of the top strap are transferred to the paddle, which is rigid, it won't give enough for there to be an issue... I don't think.

I have an inkling that will be a great solution.

Next, the drop leg configuration is quick, I have long arms, it is great to draw from this thing.

Another, weird but maybe just weird enough to work option.

Look at fast draw leather rigs, like old west style fast draw rigs with a big belt. Might seem weird but many of them are worn lower, so your pack hip belt is fine, and further, they drop the holster down so you also have a lower draw there, so it is out of the way of your pack and easier to draw. Further, they are fast, obviously, but still notable. Big belt helps ensure everything is secure, depending upon how low the holster drop is they may have a little leather string you loop around your leg.

Thing is, that string is just to make sure the holster doesn't tilt on draw, it isn't there to hold up your holster, so you don't have the "tourniquet" effect like many complain of with drop legs.

Sounds like a weird solution, but they are neat, and it may be something that interests you, they can be spendy, but you can get what you want, and handmade quality. It's a quick draw hip rig where everything sits low enough you've cleared your pack.

I've tried different things and settled on a BladeTech paddle holster. I can clip it to my pack belt, but if I drop the pack, I just move it to my waist.

Carried a drop like this for 15 years,44 mag Made that one
IMG_0343.PNG

Find out when you most likely need access to (with or without a pack, while hiking in) and then decide on what holster to get, esp. "if" you do not want to move it back and forth from a pack or on you. It boils down to personal preference.

If I didn't wear a bino harness, I'd go chest. But, I carry a bino harness and it doesn't work for me.

If I didn't wear a pack, I'd go hip. But, I wear a pack. And, when I take my pack off I want my sidearm with me. It does me know good sitting with my pack while I quarter and animal.

That leaves drop leg. Check out gunfighter inc., Ronin holster with a drop leg panel.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts