Douglas xx heavy barrel

xander0791

I just bought a Douglas xx bench rest barrel 30 cal.. got a screaming deal...$55 my question to you gentlemen is what should I do? Buy a cheap bolt gun and have it rebarreled or sell it or build a BR gun?

1:12 but I have no other information on that as far as what I want ... I don't really want or need another bench rest gun or a hunting rifle... maybe a m40a5 clone but I'd have to turn the outside
Ooh I like that! I was thinking 300 wm but I don't have a 3006 yet
This boils down to your intended purpose/preference. A 1:12" is too slow for "me" on a .300 WM. One of my. .300 WMs is a 1:11", and 190 is the heaviest I will shoot out of it. My other 2 .300 WMs, .30-06, and .30 Gibbs are 1:10. Decide on the bullets you will use that are recommended for your barrel twist and go from there. Good luck!

1:12 but I have no other information on that as far as what I want ... I don't really want or need another bench rest gun or a hunting rifle... maybe a m40a5 clone but I'd have to turn the outside
1:12 30 cal..sell it! Unless you like shooting 160 gr and lower projectiles that is.

I just bought a Douglas xx bench rest barrel 30 cal.. got a screaming deal...$55 my question to you gentlemen is what should I do? Buy a cheap bolt gun and have it rebarreled or sell it or build a BR gun?
You could build a 308-win Br gun.with 12twt.
You can shoot up to 185 Juggernaut.
Keep it for a little while you might come across a donor gun to build off of. 👍🎅