Doubled up in Oklahoma

shiredude

Thought I would share my Father-in-law and myself's turkey slam from this weekend. Called his in first to a hen and jake decoy and he smoked him with his Mathews and a grim reaper broadhead at 22 yards. He had a 8" beard, and weighed 22 lbs. Mine came about thirty minutes later at the same set up. Got him with the old 3" Beretta. He had an 11" beard, 1 1/4" spurs, and weighed 19 lbs. Also got both kills on video.
It was a great hunt.

gobblers.jpg

longbeards.jpg

Hunted in Western OK, just south of I-40. The little Kay truck was bought at an auction in OKC about 1 1/2 yrs ago.

Congrats Shireman, good lookin birds!!!

I recognize your hunting buddy their, tell him the guys at Gene Sears Supply say hi and congrats!

Im gonna be dumb here and try and guess you all's equipment. I been out of the archery world for a little while but the bow looks kinda like a matthews. guessin on the shotgun i am thinking a Verona, maybe stoeger??

hell im probably wrong but it looks like all of it worked fine for ya LOL!

Congrats again man, bring us some pics by the store so we can put them on the hunting wall for 08. you all can be the first!!

congrats
steve

Hey Lerch,

Thanks Buddy, I haven't been in since you guys had your shoot a few weeks ago. Been hooked up. I'll bring some pics by to hang up and get some reloading supplies.

You're right, the bow is a matthews, but the shotgun is a beretta 391 I bought from you guys a couple years ago.

JS

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.