They’re gettin ‘fired up’!

I was in bass pro in Little Rock Arkansas
They have a bunch of browning 410 9 shot TSS loads. If u are looking for 410 TSS loads. I mite know a place in Mo. I ordered my Apex Ninja TSS 9.5 shot loads from. My Indian Creek 410 choke came in also. The feed store by my house carries federal 12 and 20 ga TSS turkey loads.

Been an odd start to my season
Have been on three morning scouting trips in the last three days. The first morning saw toms and hens out in three different picked corn fields early enough that pretty sure they had to have flown down from the roost to the fields they were in.
Next two mornings I sat in on two of the three fields within 200 yards of the roosted birds and while sitting as it got to be light could see with my 10x binoculars there were four Toms and 5-6 hens roosted in on the first field and Three toms and 5-6 hens roosted on the field I sat this morning
Both mornings I watched all the Toms go on full display while roosted including some were able to actually strut the limb they were on had such a large diameter. Hens talked up pretty good so I got two great hen calling lessons.
Funny thing was not one of the seven Toms I saw ever gobbled either while on the roost or during fly down or once on the ground.
Even when a lone Tom started gobbling near by both mornings the other Toms remained quiet.
It was a textbook perfect turkey morning sunny 90% clear sky's very low wind mids 50's quickly warming up to the high 60's and the last 3 days were cold in the high 40's and some rain every day.
Was surprised I heard fewer than 3 toms Gobble all this morning and two only gobbled 1x and one only gobbled 3x.
I have no explanation as to why.
The turkeys haven't been hunted yet or been subjected to any pressure and there is limited vehicle access to the property.

Just never know with Turkeys.

Turkeys , what turkeys. O you mean these turkeys. They hung around all morning watching me split fire wood. Yes these are wild!!

Attachments

• end of march 2021 030.JPG
    end of march 2021 030.JPG
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 61
  • end of march 2021 008.JPG
    end of march 2021 008.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 56
  • end of march 2021 017.JPG
    end of march 2021 017.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • end of march 2021 054.JPG
    end of march 2021 054.JPG
    710.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
It has been a weird year gobbling wise and very quiet in the south. But with all that we made a trip out and wife got a rio to close the door on her slam. God has blessed tremendously. Thinking I would like a mountain merriams next or maybe a Gould's that would have to be south of the border I guess

Thanks
Buck