Dont feed the trolls.

• Thread starter Deleted member 115360
  • Start date
I have watched several gun and ammo auctions and you wouldn't believe what these idiots are paying. Just ridiculous! 20 once fired 270 brass went for $36. Wow! Some boxes of ammo going for over $2 per round.
Check this out. This was from a couple of weeks ago. The next day these vultures were all sold out, so people paid these prices.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210314-093547_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210314-093547_Chrome.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 107
Check this out. This was from a couple of weeks ago. The next day these vultures were all sold out, so people paid these prices.
I remember you posting this. Just dead wrong but some idiot paid it too. You gotta wonder where some of this stuff is really going. Who the xxxx can afford to pay for much or any of that!

The real problem is retailers are picking up on the price hikes and starting to mark everything up, not just a buck or two but $10 or more in one single jump, they know stuff is gonna sell anyway from watching the auction sites

When I backordered the new Barnes 30 cal 208 gr LRX at Optics Planet I took a screenshot on my phone, it's dated March 13th, well.... 15 days later I check the website for availability and they've jacked the price $11 more per box ......

Not sure how they can justify marking it up so much, especially for a product still in production & not yet available from Barnes

This is crazy ...

AD082217-3AC5-4BC3-B2D3-BD14AE243020.jpeg
6BE93CBD-FA5F-4D42-B13F-615F8F36B002.jpeg

I walked into my lgs today and they had shelves full of ammo. 6.5prc, 300 prc, 6.5cm, 223, 300bo, and on and on, all priced at regular prices. The 300prc was hornady 212 eldm for $45/ box.

I'm seeing more and more people on this forum trying to hammer their fellow members. Starve them out. The owner said he got the best shipment of ammo he'd seen in a year yesterday and believes that it is making the corner. The ammo we all want is out there. Be strong, do not pay the inflated prices. Make the guys who bought just to take advantage of people eat their greed. You can see the light, it's just around the corner..
Where did you find all of the prc stuff?

I'm glad that someone somewhere is enjoying well stocked shelves & yesteryears prices.....In my area, the shelves are absolutely bare & what you do find is highly inflated.

Yep, was by there Thursday and found some 168 TTSX and some BH209 otherwise the shelves were empty.

Yes, I thought about grabbing one of the three boxes (Wednesday) but I have a couple bullets for .308/.30-06 that I like and I figured you needed those.

I saw a couple BH209, only powder there.

One guy with a garbage attitude isn't much of an indication either. Maybe you are a psychic though. You have one of those 900 numbers? Is that still a thing? Does it rain every day where you live?
You are barking up the wrong tree bud. Shortgrass is a well respected, long time member. No need to be disrespectful to him.

I walked into my lgs today and they had shelves full of ammo. 6.5prc, 300 prc, 6.5cm, 223, 300bo, and on and on, all priced at regular prices. The 300prc was hornady 212 eldm for $45/ box.

I'm seeing more and more people on this forum trying to hammer their fellow members. Starve them out. The owner said he got the best shipment of ammo he'd seen in a year yesterday and believes that it is making the corner. The ammo we all want is out there. Be strong, do not pay the inflated prices. Make the guys who bought just to take advantage of people eat their greed. You can see the light, it's just around the corner..
I agree, just now starting to see some reasonable ammo prices (not in my calibers) but still....if we dont pay what the scalpers are pricing it at, it will help!

I read about this guy who has 1,200 pounds of smokeless powder & 200,000 primers in his basement. A recent scan of GunBroker found that primers were going for about $30/100. This would result in the 200,000 primers having a street value of $60,000. The powder would have a street value of $72,000 if a $30/pound were to be doubled to $60/pound - big money. Sort of sounds like something that could develop ammo/component cartels. Hopefully, this stuff won't be air shipped like dried cool-aid and result in some catastrophe followed by increased stringent controls on or banning hazardous material shipping.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.