does this look like a partial profiled barrel

What a load of utter codswollop.

Peter Law. aka ackley.
you insisted on ordering your own reamer, which you know **** well Pac Pes didn't get to me until about 4 weeks ago, infact you gave them so much [censored] that they have apparently sent a second reamer (which hasn't come yet) and you asked me not to tell Dave Kiff that the first reamer had turned up. ( one for free eh?)Hence the so called 4 month wait you mention, how the hell can i finnish a barrel i don't have a reamer for.
Second, did you ever give me a written order? if you had questions of barrel twist bieng correct wouldn't arise, you called me so often and chatted about twists, bullet weights etc, I said i would order a barrel with the twist rate appropriate to what i considered the best twist rate for the job and that it would be in a Lothar Walther contour as similar to the original barrel as possible, i said i could send the barrel in but a custom profile would cost extra, you said as long as it was something near so you didn't have to take too much out of the stock it would be fine.
I am constantly ordering barrels in many profiles calibers and twist rates. I had sporter profile barrels in 6mm here about 6 weeks after you orderd the reamer,but had no 243 AI reamer to use, i used this stock of barrels, knowing from experience that it can take Pac Pes several months to finaly get reamers out. ( I orderd a 6BR DX in March and i got it in November for example) and that by the time your reamer turned up i would have more sporter profile barrels in. When you asked, is my barrel in yet, I replied i have barrels on shelf.
Finaly your reamer turned up. I informed you of this, not one day later you where calling me up to see if i had finnished your barrel yet, and this constant, what in can only describe as telephone terror continued because i have to say you are the most impatient person i have ever come across,
I said to that i was waiting for barrels to come in.
A couple of days later you where pestering me again,you needed the rifle for some hunting, I said i would do what i could to get the thing ready and usable asap.
This meant taking a barrel that is finnished to a profile spec requested of LW by me. Its the largest profile of match barrel i use, and occasionaly, for instance in the case replacing barrels on combination guns, or one off profiles etc and if i'm short of a particular profile, i will take one of these to a colleague who has a profiling / copying machine set up and the barrel will be re or finnish profiled to what i request.
The barrel sent to you had had the shank cut but wasn't threaded or reamed. It was intended for my own Howa.
My colleague chopped the shank / rear of the barrel back to match the length of your barrel. He / we cut what ammounts to be a short chamber in the rear end. This fits the spud on his profiling machine, for all his 6mm's it amounts to a very short 6mmbr, for all the 7mm's its a short 7x57, the 8mm's a short 8x57 etc etc, i questioned him why he doesn't just use a standard centre, he says his way works better,, and its his machine,he's 60 and set in his ways, he's the guy who's profiled a shed load of barrels for all sorts of things, why should i question that. The main thing was i ended up with a barrel that you could use.
Now it takes me an hour and a half to drive to this guys workshop. I took the barel there. not 2 days later your patience was again at an end, and you asked me to send you all the bits over, saying you understood how busy i was, it wasn't a problem but you had an aquaintance near hand who could finnish the work for you over the weekend.
By this time my fatherinlaw had ended up in hospital in a coma on a life support machine, so time was is tight, so i agreed to send you over the project as is in its current stage of non completion,explained that you would have to completely finnish the barrel you where quite happy to arrange for that.
I have tried to bend over backwards to help you get your rifle shooting again.

The biggest mistake i made was taking work on from you in the first place, I had a gut feeling, and going by the way you complained about riflecraft, Steve Kershaw, Norman Clarke and Callum Fergison, i should have known it was only a matter of time before you turned on me.
The second mistake i made was not insisting on a written order confirmation. lesson learned.
The third mistake is letting my self be pressured into trying to hurry a job to help some one out or to fit a job in between other jobs, I guess thats my natural helpfull nature, lesson learned again.
Now to date i haven't charged you a penny, I sold some EAW rings for you that you couldn't sell in the UK, I got 150 euro's for them, less the add price and packaging/post.

Now some points to clear up. Yes i have been difficult to get ahold of over the last months. There are several reasons for that and i have nothing to hide. Everybody knows i work 2 jobs, i run my riflesmithing business in my off time.
I have had a pretty [censored] time the last months, I gassed my self in my car due to a faulty exhaust and ended up in hospital, i had just recovered from that and i tore my cartlidge in my knee, and was again out of action, we lost a man on the team at work and, due to several space craft anomilies ended up working many extra days and extra shifts. All that in the middle of trying to cope with a wife who is in the middle of the recovering process from bieng brutaly raped. And a fatherinlaw at deaths door.
Now i work my balls of for my family and my customers. I am sorry that you didn't get what you expected, i did my best to try and help you out. Maybe next time you should go straight to a full time smith instead of trying to get something done at mates rates from a part time smith who said he would fit it in some how but couldn't promise a date.
Now I understand you aren't happy, but have you ever been happy with the service you have recieved from any riflesmith or gunshop, small arms manufacturer?
From what you've told me over the last years of contact we have had i think not. even so, Is that a reason to instigate a viciouse attack on me as you have tried to do over the shooting web sites over the last few days.
You are well known in the UK for bieng a trouble causer on the web and my lawyer will be contacting you with regards.
Now I have more on my plate to worry about than you throwing you teddybear in the corner.
But i will not have you dragging my name through the mud on this website, a website that i have been part of and made many friends through for the last 6 to 8 years or so, without putting my side across, there are 2 sides to every story.
Even so, i find it a shame that the lads on here have to be bothered with your retoric.My appologies to them.. If you wheren't happy with the partly started finnished barrel that you got, why didn't you just tell me and give me time to sort it out, oh, i forgot, impatience.

Peter Lincoln

Mr Lincoln
I expected this form you more lies and excuses,you have been caught out not by me but otheres who have seen what you really are,dont bothere replying agin as Iam not going to argue on here with you,its not fair to other board users,Youe name is mud over here in the UK and since have had this unfortunate experience with you it has come to light its not just me thats been treated this way.
If you need to converse with me in any way do it througfh the proper channels not petty name calling on here,Just let me know when you are having this barrel collected and when I can expect my refund
end of story

[ QUOTE ]
What a load of utter codswollop.

Peter Law. aka ackley.
you insisted on ordering your own reamer, which you know **** well Pac Pes didn't get to me until about 4 weeks ago, <font color="red"> Peter you know damm well you were susposed to have orderd the reamer exactly the same time as you were orering the barrel I sent the rifle to you the begining of August come the end of the month still no reamer ordered I have a copy of the invoice from when I actually ordered the reamer which ws 28/806 have you having told me at least 3 times that you had placed the order where is your comfirmation,</font> infact you gave them so much [censored] that they have apparently sent a second reamer (which hasn't come yet) and you asked me not to tell Dave Kiff that the first reamer had turned up. ( one for free eh?)Hence the so called 4 month wait you mention, how the hell can i finnish a barrel i don't have a reamer for. <font color="red">you told me that Pacific were so hard to get hold of thats why your order may not have gone through.so i told you personally that i would order the reamer direct which they were very helpfull and even confirmed you had not placed an order for this spec reamer with them hence why I had to do it myself,There was no hassel no cpestering just a straight forward order which was sent out to you on the 20th of September,you never bothered to check that the reamer had arrive when I called to tel Pacific they set too and made me another straight away and which again took under 3 weeks which amazingly hasnt got to you again,Please do not call me a theif as Iam not the one who has the spare reamer you are ans as Pacific was so kind to make another reamer at such short notice I would like to return it too him but you have chosen not to send it too me</font>
Second, did you ever give me a written order? if you had questions of barrel twist bieng correct wouldn't arise, <font color="red">you wre sent an eamil with my exact spec there was no question of barrel twist rate,why would there be as this rifle was built and specced by Nesika Bay 2 years ago so why would I want to change it </font> you called me so often and chatted about twists, bullet weights etc, I said i would order a barrel with the twist rate appropriate to what i considered the best twist rate for the job and that it would be in a Lothar Walther contour as similar to the original barrel as possible, <font color="red">my spec of barrel even a blind man could see its not a straight taper and the barrel you sent was a country mile out,thus prooving agin you are coming out with excuses that are not even plausible </font> i said i could send the barrel in but a custom profile would cost extra, you said as long as it was something near so you didn't have to take too much out of the stock it would be fine. <font color="red"> Peter this was not even talked about why has Colin ordered virtually the correct the exact copy of my old barrel within minuets from the same company IE Loather </font>
I am constantly ordering barrels in many profiles calibers and twist rates. I had sporter profile barrels in 6mm here about 6 weeks after you orderd the reamer,but had no 243 AI reamer to use, i used this stock of barrels, knowing from experience that it can take Pac Pes several months to finaly get reamers out. <font color="red"> This is strange as Colin has ordered 2 reamers from Pacific and both have been delivered within the specified 3 to 4 weeks </font> ( I orderd a 6BR DX in March and i got it in November for example) and that by the time your reamer turned up i would have more sporter profile barrels in. <font color="red"> Peter its quite a simple operation when somone places an order you then call the company in question and order the parts needed to do the job,why do have to complicate things by bringing other peoples orders into this</font> When you asked, is my barrel in yet, I replied i have barrels on shelf. <font color="red"> Peter you persoanlly tols me that you had sent my old barrel to Loather to have a exact copy made or are you going to lie and denie this as well </font>
Finaly your reamer turned up. I informed you of this, not one day later you where calling me up to see if i had finnished your barrel yet, and this constant, what in can only describe as telephone terror continued because i have to say you are the most impatient person i have ever come across, <font color="red"> Peter again more lies when I was informed my reamer has arrived by Colin and not you as I ws in America on holiday for 2 weeks I never once called you as i didnt have your number so again more lies ans having been informed it was there I was fully expecting my rifle to be finsihed within the 2 weeks as you promised as soon as all pasrt were there it would be done.Yes i did try on several occasion to contact you in mid November when I found out you were not only lieing but wsting my time ithas taken nearly 3 weeks and I dare not count the number of call and messages left to get back my rather ecpensive action which i was worried about being lost due to your track record,your not even capable of sending a rifle correctly </font>
I said to that i was waiting for barrels to come in.
A couple of days later you where pestering me again,you needed the rifle for some hunting, I said i would do what i could to get the thing ready and usable asap.
This meant taking a barrel that is finnished to a profile spec requested of LW by me. Its the largest profile of match barrel i use, and occasionaly, for instance in the case replacing barrels on combination guns, or one off profiles etc and if i'm short of a particular profile, i will take one of these to a colleague who has a profiling / copying machine set up and the barrel will be re or finnish profiled to what i request.
The barrel sent to you had had the shank cut but wasn't threaded or reamed. It was intended for my own Howa.
My colleague chopped the shank / rear of the barrel back to match the length of your barrel. He / we cut what ammounts to be a short chamber in the rear end. This fits the spud on his profiling machine, for all his 6mm's it amounts to a very short 6mmbr, for all the 7mm's its a short 7x57, the 8mm's a short 8x57 etc etc, i questioned him why he doesn't just use a standard centre, he says his way works better,, and its his machine,he's 60 and set in his ways, he's the guy who's profiled a shed load of barrels for all sorts of things, why should i question that. The main thing was i ended up with a barrel that you could use.
Now it takes me an hour and a half to drive to this guys workshop. I took the barel there. not 2 days later your patience was again at an end, and you asked me to send you all the bits over, saying you understood how busy i was, it wasn't a problem but you had an aquaintance near hand who could finnish the work for you over the weekend. <font color="red">I think my point has been prooven regarding what you have sent me so dont even make up nay more excuses you have sent me an old barrel off another rifle as you never ordered mine in the first place </font>
By this time my fatherinlaw had ended up in hospital in a coma on a life support machine, so time was is tight, so i agreed to send you over the project as is in its current stage of non completion,explained that you would have to completely finnish the barrel you where quite happy to arrange for that.
I have tried to bend over backwards to help you get your rifle shooting again. <font color="red">you have done nothing for me at al except cause me to waste time and money </font>

The biggest mistake i made was taking work on from you in the first place, I had a gut feeling, and going by the way you complained about riflecraft, Steve Kershaw, Norman Clarke and Callum Fergison, i should have known it was only a matter of time before you turned on me. <font color="red"> Pewter again I did question my decision to let you do the job and i have prooven correct as to moaning about other smiths please quote me as the only one to date has been rifle craft for making false promises to a freind a bit like what you are doing </font>
The second mistake i made was not insisting on a written order confirmation. lesson learned. <font color="red"> you has all details in an E mail but according to form you never read them </font>
The third mistake is letting my self be pressured into trying to hurry a job to help some one out or to fit a job in between other jobs, I guess thats my natural helpfull nature, lesson learned again. <font color="red">forgive me but didnt you offer and state you would get the job done as soon as all parts arrived gain another lie </font>
Now to date i haven't charged you a penny, I sold some EAW rings for you that you couldn't sell in the UK, I got 150 euro's for them, less the add price and packaging/post. <font color="red"> that was a year ago and to this day I have never seen the money </font>

Now some points to clear up. Yes i have been difficult to get ahold of over the last months. There are several reasons for that and i have nothing to hide. Everybody knows i work 2 jobs, i run my riflesmithing business in my off time.
I have had a pretty [censored] time the last months, I gassed my self in my car due to a faulty exhaust and ended up in hospital, i had just recovered from that and i tore my cartlidge in my knee, and was again out of action, we lost a man on the team at work and, due to several space craft anomilies ended up working many extra days and extra shifts. All that in the middle of trying to cope with a wife who is in the middle of the recovering process from bieng brutaly raped. And a fatherinlaw at deaths door.
Now i work my balls of for my family and my customers. I am sorry that you didn't get what you expected, i did my best to try and help you out. Maybe next time you should go straight to a full time smith instead of trying to get something done at mates rates from a part time smith who said he would fit it in some how but couldn't promise a date.
Now I understand you aren't happy, but have you ever been happy with the service you have recieved from any riflesmith or gunshop, small arms manufacturer?
From what you've told me over the last years of contact we have had i think not. even so, Is that a reason to instigate a viciouse attack on me as you have tried to do over the shooting web sites over the last few days.
You are well known in the UK for bieng a trouble causer on the web and my lawyer will be contacting you with regards. <font color="red">if speaking the truth is cauisng trouble so be it but theres not a man walking who cant say Iam not honest with my views,does the truth hurt Peter </font>
Now I have more on my plate to worry about than you throwing you teddybear in the corner.
But i will not have you dragging my name through the mud on this website, a website that i have been part of and made many friends through for the last 6 to 8 years or so, without putting my side across, there are 2 sides to every story. <font color="red">I agree there is so why dont you state the truth </font>
Even so, i find it a shame that the lads on here have to be bothered with your retoric.My appologies to them.. If you wheren't happy with the partly started finnished barrel that you got, why didn't you just tell me and give me time to sort it out, oh, i forgot, impatience.

Peter Lincoln

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> you have done nothing but mess me and others about some for a lot longer you should take a long hard look at yourself and take some of the balme instead of putting it on others, </font>

[ QUOTE ]
But i will not have you dragging my name through the mud on this website, a website that i have been part of and made many friends through for the last 6 to 8 years or so,

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete Lincoln,
You are digging yourself a deeper hole mate, This site celebtated its 5th Anniversary earlier this year and you registered a few months before me in 2004.

You are not doing yourself any favours, the gracious thing to have done would have been to apologise for what your customer regards as poor service, regardless if you think he is in the wrong.

Everyone on the UK forums now knows who you are and a lot of the mud that has been thrown is going to stick, none of which would have happened had you bitten your lip and been more diplomatic.

Had Mr Law not accepted your apology, then you would have been well within your rights to attack him with as much vigour as he has attacked you and no one would have cared much about it.
I'm not here to judge its Just my opinion.

Ian.

Hi Ian,

(On a personal note how are you....and I sent you a few emails about a comp and beer drinking here would love to hear from you).

On this topic it is getting very bitter...sorry I should keep out as I am not good with words but my 2 bob is that it seems the nature of the game to wait, especially for custom kit. Pete has been as reliable as anyone (to me) and when their has been a delay....as with a scope he has offered me his own scope (S&amp;B PMII) to tide me over - try asking Border for a barrel whilst you wait and wait for one of their excellent cut rifled 5R tubes, or McM for a tide over stock whislt you wait for your A5 camo creation. Also Pete has received a rifle from somone else on my behalf and shiped it on to me....he got a load of paperwork hassel and bugger all else out of that. Hard not to be positive about that sort of service.

Again no criticism of MR.Law or Mr.Lincoln. I am just not sure what purpose this internet bashing serves other than to damage reputations and bulster egos.

Nice if Mr. Law would accept that others (or at least me) have had good service from Mr. Lincoln and also nice to see Mr. Lincoln adopting the universal law from of good customer service - the customer is alway right (even when you know / think it is complete bollocks).

Anyway Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year.

David.

to whom it may concern....

pete lincoln has done a fair bit of work for me over the last year or so, including a full custom 6mmBR, shortening and re-crowning a barrel for me, threading for a moderator, and i have 2 more full custom rifles on the way. his work is pretty dam good as far as i am concerned, and i like to think i can tell good work, but that's just my opinion.

i have had dealings with a few other custom builders, and shoot alongside people who have had rifles built by many of the top rifle-smiths in the world. waiting for things seems par for the course in this game, at least with the guys who can produce good work.

maybe you had to wait a bit longer than you wanted? we all have to do that on occassion. i could tell you of some horror stories of waiting that have lasted over a year....

i am not interested in who was right or wrong here, i am sure there are faults on both sides and nobody is perfect! but for the record, to date i am very happy with the work Roedale has done for me and hopefully this will remain the case for the future.

hi
i don't think the quality of Pete's work is in question at all.
in fact we all know he builds excellent shooting rifles.and has you say nowler from time to time we all have to wait for suppliers. that is just how it is in this game.
i think the hole point of this thread is how ackley came to get a wrong tapered barrel and wrong twist rate to boot + a 6mm BR semi chambered and the barrel only measured 25" long.and this barrel was supplied him. and then was told that this is the way you order them.

looking at this from a none bias position i 2 would wont some answerers on how i came to get this barrel. and the reasons Pete L came up with made no sense to ackley at all.
this is just how i see it.and i mean no harm to anyone involved in this but i am interested in hear how this gets resolved.

Colin

[ QUOTE ]
to whom it may concern....

pete lincoln has done a fair bit of work for me over the last year or so, including a full custom 6mmBR, shortening and re-crowning a barrel for me, threading for a moderator, and i have 2 more full custom rifles on the way. his work is pretty dam good as far as i am concerned, and i like to think i can tell good work, but that's just my opinion.

i have had dealings with a few other custom builders, and shoot alongside people who have had rifles built by many of the top rifle-smiths in the world. waiting for things seems par for the course in this game, at least with the guys who can produce good work.

maybe you had to wait a bit longer than you wanted? we all have to do that on occassion. i could tell you of some horror stories of waiting that have lasted over a year....

i am not interested in who was right or wrong here, i am sure there are faults on both sides and nobody is perfect! but for the record, to date i am very happy with the work Roedale has done for me and hopefully this will remain the case for the future.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you insist on bringing Mr Lincolns skill into the matter,This has never been questioed in anyway shape or form,Iam sure he can put a good rilfe toagether THATS WHY I USED HIM,plus the promise of the job done "straight away as soon as the parts arrived" This never happened
I am pretty damm sure you wouldnt be happy when your rifles eventually turn up and there nothing like what you ordered would be feel the same ?? I dont think so
I feel i have the right to post about the poor and shoddy service this man has given me and beleive me it isnt stoppng just with me theres several others out there with a story

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.