Does anyone have feedback on Spuhr hunting mount/rings

Eptphil

Has anyone used this particular line from Spuhr? Is there any advantage to spending over $200 on the mount. And do they need to be lapped?

I have a Spurh SP 5001 mount on one of my rifles. It's by far the most solid mount I've ever used. It's way overkill for anything I do. They do not need to be lapped.

I. An echo SOLID! Mine did not need to be lapped. Only issue to consider is that they are pretty hear you depending on which setup you are looking at. My lighter weight go to has been Badger.

Has anyone used this particular line from Spuhr? Is there any advantage to spending over $200 on the mount. And do they need to be lapped?
The Spuhr mounts are rock solid! But unless you are shooting big calibers, you could save some $ and look for other mounts. Lots of good mounts out there and most I'v seen don't need to be lapted.

I use the Spuhr Rings on one of my scopes. IMO they are way overkill for a hunting rifle but I needed something I could mount my coyote light onto and also wanted a true return to zero if I remove the scope. You DO NOT need to lap the Spuhr Rings or mounts. I've own multiple over the years and not one time did they even leave a ring mark. They are great but $$$
3CCDB1A5-C821-491C-AEE6-AE6B9F95FB5E.png

Spuhr is as close to a bomb proof mount that you are going to find. I use one on my match rifle and they are easily the best mount available. That said, they are overkill on a hunting rifle if weight is any consideration. American Rifle Co M10 rings are top shelf units for lighter applications. Do NOT lap them!

I believe the OP is referring to the newer hunting specific mounts by Spuhr not the tactical models pictured and discussed.

To the OP. Yes they are worth it and No they dont need to be lapped. They are a precision machined mount. The advantage to the mount is its one piece design, strength, and how well they are made

I have no experience with the SCT series. I see no advantage over Seekins rings for a Picatinny application, but as a direct mount for Tikka it looks like they have found a real niche. It appears there are 3 holes milled into the mount for the recoil pin. Should accomodate a good amount of adjustment fore and aft. Hope to try one myself in the future.