does anyone have any experience with 50 cal.ar uppers.

timmyatnop

I everyone sorry if this had been talked about before,I can't seem to get the search to work. A friend of mine stoped by today with a harbor safety 50 cal upper that looked pretty neat. Does anyone know if if these type 50s are accurate. I think I might want one if somebody makes a accurate one. Thanks for all the help.

I have a blackthorne upper and it holds moa at a grand. None of these uppers are going to be super accurate its just the nature of the beast. However it is a fairly easy way into the 50bmg world.

This is what I have.

ALS 50 BMG upper
33" Pac-Nor Barrel
Cal legal lower
Jard adjustable trigger
Fiberglass Buttstock

This thing shoots 1/4 to 1/2 MOA all day long. These uppers hold several FCSA wins in several different classes. This would be my vote, but i'm probably am a little biased:D

Attachments

• 2011-10-20 09.06.29.jpg
    2011-10-20 09.06.29.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 104
50BMG Hunter

Sweet rifle. How do you like that Pac Nor on there? I need a barrel for my next project and am looking hard at them.

For the OP try the FCSA website, great guys and a ton of info on the uppers.

Michael

50BMG Hunter

Sweet rifle. How do you like that Pac Nor on there? I need a barrel for my next project and am looking hard at them.

For the OP try the FCSA website, great guys and a ton of info on the uppers.

Michael

I love their barrels. I have three of them on different rifles, they all shoot 1/2 MOA or better and clean out so easy!

I use a Ferret50 for ballistics work. We have the supercomp steel lower as well. Good design, Very nice workmanship

Seems accurate enough, although I haven't tested it with match ammo yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.