DIY Stainless pin tumbler

aushunter1

Hi all, hope your doing ok in isolation?
We will be able to start travelling within our state to regional areas from July 1st so I am getting ready to go for a hunt šŸ˜

Anyway this is part #2 to my other DIY annealer project, which is here if you hadn't already seen it-

I must admit I do mainly ultrasonic clean my brass which works on the carbon removal really well but it doesn't bring them up super shiny so that's why I made this tumbler.

Like my annealer I just felt like a bit of a challenge & like working with my hands & learning new skills.

So after seeing a number of YouTubes on DIY's I decided to go this path.

The motor in a windscreen wiper motor from a 1996 Toyota corolla(small sedan) which I picked up off a car wrecker cheap

Most of the rest of the parts I just picked up from the hardware with the exception of the switches/electrics.

This build for the power I wanted to go simple so just went for 12V battery.

The frame is rectangle alloy tube with corner bracing, trolley wheels to hold the container which is a pump up plastic insecticide sprayer.

And for a bit of fun I saw this missile flip switch on ebay so had to have it šŸ˜

I tried a few different polishing compounds including the burnishing powder that cane with the pins which works fine but I am still trialling different things that will cut down the tumbling time.

All in all it cost me about $70 excluding the battery which I already had.

Tumbler sml.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.