Disappointed in non-resident hunters

It's also not just out of state hunters either . It's people in general. I hunt out west every year and I also run into local guys and out of state hunters doing things that are just wrong !

Travish started the thread talking about area 82! I hunted there for a good 20 years and never had any issues. When I moved back to Rawlins in 05 it was a totally different story. I now refuse to go near that area because it's a zoo.

On another note, I met a car with California plates while I was out antelope hunting. That plate turns me off no matter where I see it. But, to be nice I stopped and said hi. These guys turned out to be some of the nicest and most ethical hunters I've ever met in the field. I went back out 2 days later to try and find them and invite them to the house for dinner, but couldn't find them.

My point is there are good and bad people where ever you go. I would like to believe there are many more good than bad. But it's the one jerk that you run into that we remember. We don't see the good people because they're doing what I would do and let somebody who got the before me enjoy their hunt.

Hunting pressure is increasing wherever I go. Be it deer, elk or coyote. The Colorado guys are flooding the area I coyote hunt because it's public land and there's no license required in Wyoming. I've just lost the entire southern half of the Snowy Range which I see out my back door because some idiot had a campfire in the wilderness area. The fire is currently at 167,000 acres and only 14% contained.

Fortunately I have a a few quiet spots to hunt. Not the greatest hunting and hard to get in and out, but I can count on seeing nobody else.

In a simple statement- Non Resident hunters have no skin in the game. That's a huge problem.
Darrel Wick

I have had issues with instate,out of state, non res and res,ranchers and outfitters. I deal with each situation as it happens trying be somewhat understanding but and I mean a big BUT if you screw with me or cause me problems I become a really big problem.
It helps to be 6'3" and 265lbs and a highly trained and skilled individual.
It helps in the deterring and respect department.

Biggest problem with this and other similar issues: Once upon at time, people (even crummy people) recognized that not being a dirtbag was a good thing. Most people tried to bring up their kids that way. Then, during the mid-20th century, people gave up and just sort of hoped the kids wouldn't turn out to be dirtbags. And enough of the previous culture had rubbed off that most did not. Nowadays it has become fashionable to be a dirtbag. People brag about it. No wonder that you see these things.

I know NBU in Nevada raises and donates and does more projects than any state organization in our area. All volunteers conservationists and sportsman and they don't deal with those kind of things very well either