Disappointed in Boyds Gunstocks

patboos44

I ordered a thumbhole bull barrel stock for my Savage Model 12 and it took me over a month to receive it. I called numerous times and also emailed several times with no response whatsoever. Finally I messaged them on Facebook and finally received a response saying it would be done in about a week. When I finally got it after over a month of waiting it was completely the wrong one. It was for some type of long action rifle for a standard barrel. I Facebook messaged them because they wouldn't reply to my phone calls or emails. They apologized and sent me a shipping label. They said I would have the correct one in 5-7 days. 2 weeks later I finally received the right one and its actually for the right gun this time but the the trigger guard area is going to need a lot of work because the trigger guard wont even go into it. I figured after having to send one back already and waiting for such a long time they would make sure everything is correct. It'll be the last time I ever use Boyds. Very disappointed.

I have had exactly the opposite experience with Boyds gunstocks. My prairie hunter lh stock (pepper colored laminate) was exactly what I ordered and it came in rather quickly, considering UPS screwed up and sent it to Lincoln Nebraska instead of Lincoln N.D..

My Gunsmith has had to wait on occasion for a stock from Boyds if they weren't in stock, but my brother and I have gotten what we asked for. I believe my brother did have to have them re-inlet a ruger stock once though as it was a bit tight. They do not claim to be fully drop in though so a bit of work will often be necessary for proper fit.

I got my ProVarmint a day earlier than expected. I was very pleased with the stock, I had to do some minor sanding in the barrel channel, but no big deal... I personally think, that they are becoming more popular than before, a lot of people are ordering so the demand is probably getting harder to keep up with...
And.... I'm sure they may screw a order up form time to time... And I'm sure they will make it right..

44, I've bedded about a dozen Boyd's and only had one not fit the action. Boyd's took it back and the correct stock must have crossed paths in transit. As Lefty stated always check inletting fit. Never saw a Boyd's which didn't need some bedding, of course many other brands do also. (30-06 really like their ProVarmint stock)

It took over two months to get mine. Numerous phone calls... no answer and no message capability. After about 10 days of calling, I finally got through. I ordered a 13-1/2" length of pull which I payed extra for and they sent a 14" LOP. They defended their processes and measurements. I even sent pictures of the measuring tape at 14". No credit and no fix.

On the plus side, I didn't have to wait a year to get most of what I ordered and other that the stock not fitting me quite right, I think it's a good stock although the experience left me a little cool on them.

Purchased 4 different stocks from Boyds and have been pleased with all. Granted none had custom options but did return 1 for a different style and the CS was A+

I've only ordered four stocks from Boyds but all were the right color/stock/inletting. All were sent in a timely fashion too. I really don't like the hard-*** kick pads but that's besides the point.

I bought a Bobby Hart aluminum bedded laminate stock from stockysstocks and love it. It came right away and my barreled action dropped right in. I noticed a difference right away.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.