dirtiest barell ever!

xaddo

Hello all. Long time reader, first time poster.
I bought a savage 110 Ba 338 with a dozen rounds through it, apparently with no break-in/cleaning. Figured a good cleaning was in order.
Now let me start by saying that I have been shooting and cleaning rifles for many
years, but this one has stumped me!
I am 6 hours,225 patches,1/3 bottle of Butches Bore Shine, 1/3 bottle of Remington 40x and a lot of confusion into cleaning this thing!The last patches through it look like the first patches through a fouled muzzle loader!
Please help!

Try some Bore tech eliminator and leave it over night. (It is one of the few that you can leave in a barrel).

Or use some Sweets 7.62 solvent .(But don't leave this in over 30 min)

To apply= use a cotton swab and a nickel plated jag. (No copper or brass)

This should remove all the copper or prove that the brushes are the problem.

Good luck.

J E CUSTOM

Xaddo, must be pretty dirty, but not the winner for dirtiest. My brother in law decided to start hunting again after a thirty year hiatus. His Remington 700 was the dirtiest I have ever seen. I plugged the chamber and filled it full of Wipe Out and left it for 24 hours and had to repeat it again to get it clean. 8 patches and hardly a dent in a can of the Wipe Out and it was clean verified with a bore scope. Lucky there was no rust anywhere and it shoots quite well with hand loads. Good luck

Thanks guys!
I will start by trying the bore tech eliminator over night.
I will also research the wipe out...never heard of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts