Diagnosis! .244 shotgun barrel replacement?

wildcat westerner

Hello,
I have a rifle that "on paper" should be a great varmint rifle. A singleshot Model70 action, Hart unfired bull barrel , a true .244 , Hart stainless steel match barrel, 1-12 twist. Factory trigger, set light, McMillan hunter bench rest stock. Bedding so very consistent and tight. Firing pin Spring rides inside the bolt without touching the bolts' sides when its being fired. With either of my proven NightForce scopes atop it. It's accuracy is consistent, five shot-five holes @100 yards with any bullet from 67 to 87 grains .
Sooo, I long ago had a mediocre 22-250 become a great .243 with a simple barrel change. Most of my rifles ,when rebarreled tended to provide the same accuracy.

With all the "good stuff" this rifle has, the idea of rebarreling this weapon and ending up with the same results just seems truly disgusting. Has anyone else on this site had a similar situation where a simple rebarreling turned a tomato stake into a tack driver, with no other changes?

WW

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.