Detachable magazine help

I have a Remington model 700 with the detachable magazine. I am limited by this on being able to stretch my O.A.L due to the limits of the clip. Can the front of the clip be cut out? If I could this would darn near give me another 1/8 inch of safe room...A lot. I have been told that there is nothing that can be changed even with an aftermarket stock. And quite frankly already have a hogue and wouldn't change it for the world. Thanks in advance!
Give this link a look and see if any of the lengths meet your criteria.

Have I shot the rifle? Silly rabbit😁. I get CBTO and all that but my concern right now is COAL due to the magazine length. Thanks to all those with positive feedback and don't worry gonna make sure homework is all done before I just start hacking up magazines😜

Those rem dbm's are a 3.600" inside length if I remember right?? The only way to really get much better from there is to go to the m5 inlet on the stock and use cip length stuff. If you need the extra .125" (1/8") to get up to the lands, if you have to start chasing the lands you will run out of room fast. Just some food for thought. Once a magazine is chopped up there is not much resale value to help you upgrade to the next new and better thing. Lol

My Two cents .. have you shot the rifle!??

with desired bullets/powder??

just cuzz you can reach the lands doesn't mean it wont shoot! dont get hung up on the "has to be close to lands to perform'' BS

a little bit of experimenting you will find it shoots and fit in the MAG just fine

I've shot and built loads for many many factory rifles and customs with standard mag boxes that shoot wonderfuly even with mag restrictions.
Yep, I'm finding that a lot of rifles shoot just great at mag length. Problems start when you shoot heavy for caliber. I'd just restock it with something that takes an AICS style mag.

Yep, I'm finding that a lot of rifles shoot just great at mag length. Problems start when you shoot heavy for caliber. I'd just restock it with something that takes an AICS style mag.
not really a problem with heavies.. just people drink the coolaid thinking that everything rides on the bullet being stretched at max

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.