Converting to a Detachable Magazine

samson

Currently, I am shooting a Mod 70 long action with the hinged floorplate. Can this be changed into a detachable magazine or at least a larger version on the internal mag? My most accurate loads will not fit in the mag.

Most of the detachable mags out their won't have any bigger box that what the factory does so if your looking to be able to extend the length of your rounds you may be looig the wrong direction.

Wyatt's offers an extened mag box for the Win M-70 that says it extrends the mag size from 3.400" to 3.820" , thats almost a quarter inch added length. The Wyatt's boxes are a big upgrade when shooting VLD style bullets but they do require removing some metal for the reciever and that best done by sombody that can operate a mill deciently.

Most of the detachable mags out their won't have any bigger box that what the factory does so if your looking to be able to extend the length of your rounds you may be looig the wrong direction.

Wyatt's offers an extened mag box for the Win M-70 that says it extrends the mag size from 3.400" to 3.820" , thats almost a quarter inch added length. The Wyatt's boxes are a big upgrade when shooting VLD style bullets but they do require removing some metal for the reciever and that best done by sombody that can operate a mill deciently.

The Seekins detachable Box Magazine will allow a longer over all loaded length. Mine will allow an over all loaded length of 3.92"

I hardily recommend the Seekins DBM

Shooting338Laupa003.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts