Depression is upon me

Iron Worker

I feel blue . I thought I formed bonds between my 6x284 shooting 87gr V-maxs and AA MAG PRO. 60.5 grs gave me 3600+ with no pressure signs but 3/4 MOA is the best. 56.2grs of H4350 behind 70gr Nosler BT at 3,900 produce under 1/2MOA frequently. I just wanted a bullet with higher BC.

Try 52grns of H4350 with the 87grn V-Max. My friend has had excellent results with his 6x284 and the 87grn V-Max with this load. He also uses Federal 210 Match Primers with this load. I believe he is getting 3650fps out of his 30" barrel. Try this load out before you give up. Wow, 3900fps with the 70grn BT sounds like a laser. Try the 75grn V-Max, it has a better BC than the 70grn BT. I believe the 75grn V-Max has a BC of .330.

Try 52grns of H4350 with the 87grn V-Max. My friend has had excellent results with his 6x284 and the 87grn V-Max with this load. He also uses Federal 210 Match Primers with this load. I believe he is getting 3650fps out of his 30" barrel. Try this load out before you give up. Wow, 3900fps with the 70grn BT sounds like a laser. Try the 75grn V-Max, it has a better BC than the 70grn BT. I believe the 75grn V-Max has a BC of .330.

I've used that exact load before. Out of a 26" BBL I'd get in the high 3500s.But I'd get these infrequent fliers? I have a hunch its the V-max bullets them selves. Plus I've shot those 75 V-maxs also. I need to try those again. My rifle is a Rem 700 with a 26" Hart Varmint contour. Its heavy and bulky . Currently I've been banging my head against the wall ( possible source of my depression)trying to decide what BBL will I go with when this one is shot out? But a 30" tube just wouldn't be practical.Maybe if I was in SD are MO where there are PD fields. Here in queer Ca I've got to drive quite a ways to do some long range hunting.Another thing is those Noslers are consistent.Now if only the game would cooperate

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.