Defiance Action Questions for 338 Lapua

I am looking into building my first custom rifle and am pretty set on 338LM on a Defiance Action and in particular the Deviant Hunter. I am wondering if the 700 LA length is going to be long enough? Or would I need the XL?

My goal is for the rifle to have a hinged floor plate magazine, and I just want to see if anyone else has done a similar build with this action or one similar (lengthwise).

I also plan to shoot 300 grain bergers so please take that into consideration. My main concern is consistent and easy cycling through the magazine with not sacrificing seating depth.

Any advice would be great!

-tanner

I am looking into building my first custom rifle and am pretty set on 338LM on a Defiance Action and in particular the Deviant Hunter. I am wondering if the 700 LA length is going to be long enough? Or would I need the XL?

My goal is for the rifle to have a hinged floor plate magazine, and I just want to see if anyone else has done a similar build with this action or one similar (lengthwise).

I also plan to shoot 300 grain bergers so please take that into consideration. My main concern is consistent and easy cycling through the magazine with not sacrificing seating depth.

Any advice would be great!

-tanner

IIWY, to avoid any confusion, I'd asked them directly ...

Defiance Machine
3881 Montana Highway 40 West
Columbia Falls, MT 59912
(406) 756-2727
Fax (406) 756-2733

[email protected]

Good luck!

A very good friend and I shoot .338 caliber rifles and are playing around with making bullets for them. He has a Defiance rebel action in the .338 Lapua. The Rem LA length is not sufficient. Would go with the action specified for the Lapua. You will really appreciate the along magazine especially if you plan on shooting long range with high BC bullets and you do not want to shoot single shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.