Defensive Edge LRH class July 15 & 16

Thanks for the class Shawn. Even though I had shot with you a few times in the past and you had already told me what the wind conditiond could possibly be doing through that area, I was not able to comprehend how suttle the winds seemed at times and then see how much windage was needed to make contact even at close ranges. I would highly recomend practicing in that environment to any one who is considering long range shooting. By the way Don, nice shooting up there! you did well. And Shawn lets get those Allens done so we can go do some serious playing. Thanks again for havibg me at the class.
J.R.

Thank you J.R. It was a pleasure to meet you. Please let me know what you think of the Allen mag. That would have been a fun one to bring to the class. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-- Don

I'll agree with calling in MOA its so nice when both caller and shooter are working on the same page! adjustment and second shot is fast and deadly.

CAM

a while ago a friend of mine from the Swiss army took me shooting in Elm, Switzerland and brought over his leupold spotting scope with the TMR reticule. we where shooting his PGM rifle in 300Win Mag. it makes it so much easier if he speaks to you in technical data other than the usual over excited estimated numbers. he was feeding me everything in Mils though as they use the Mils graded BDC rather than the MOA. In most of europe the BDC's tend to be incremented in 0.1mils. since i tend to read alot of material composed in the states i got mine in MOA. besides that Switzerland is also a beautiful place to go shooting and marksmanship seems to be highly valued. however most of the guys there shoot the 300m since they practice using their Army rifles.

Yeah, one problem with using MOA is there are no MOA reticle spotters available that I know of (yet) while there are several with Mil reticles and the vast majority of scopes with tactical reticles are Mil based.

Either system will work just fine when the spotter/scope reticle/adjustments match.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.