Deer obesity in Maryland

The temps are supposed to be lower next week, so I think the activity will be pretty good.
I heard the weather will be changing towards end of next week down here in SE USA. Accordingly, I will be headed up to camp this coming Thursday. Hopefully the Alphas will start getting frisky. Full moon will be gone!

Yea, the colder temps have more deer moving this week. Have seen a few smaller bucks starting to chase does, even if the does aren't ready yet. Got out with the crossbow and after seeing a few deer, I had this guy come in at about 30 yards. First bolt spined him :(.
After a little more excitement, he was down but made it into a bottom. It just about gave me a heart attack dragging his arse up a steep hill in the wet leaves. Actually had to get the wife's help or I might still be laying down there next to him. LOL

820A7537-254F-42C7-92CB-5020948C6EC6.jpeg

Yea, the colder temps have more deer moving this week. Have seen a few smaller bucks starting to chase does, even if the does aren't ready yet. Got out with the crossbow and after seeing a few deer, I had this guy come in at about 30 yards. First bolt spined him :(.
After a little more excitement, he was down but made it into a bottom. It just about gave me a heart attack dragging his arse up a steep hill in the wet leaves. Actually had to get the wife's help or I might still be laying down there next to him. LOL

View attachment 507263
Nice deer. Gonna head south today and bow hunt tomorrow and smoke stick hunt on Saturday.

It's the second of November and here in SE Ohio we had our first hard frost yesterday. 28* this morning when I went out to walk. The deer are moving in the pasture below the house and a good sized buck just wandered out into the open. The normally stay in the forest, so they've obviously got something on their mind.

View attachment 507263
That's a nice one! Here's the one I got in Libertytown on Thanksgiving day last year.

IMG_7893.png

The picture of the first Buck is neat to see,it's shows he's smart lived a long and healthy life,avoided being killed by car ,truck traffic etc. not the biggest rack,but that not everything lol,he's maybe past his prime or slowly going downhill,point is he's a Surviver and that's Wonderful considering all the things that could get him . Buck #2 is in his prime and a dandy he's about his job making sure all the girls come to the party just incase they forgot their invitations. Reminds of a Squirrel story my long passed Uncle Jerry told me , I was in my twenties and 40 lbs overweight,UJ , had a Beagal male that was 9 or 10 yrs young. I asked when are we taking a break, Jerry smiled and said ,when the dog stops at the trees then we catch up , I figured it out as we hunted and bagged squirrel after squirrel till we limited out. It's a very fond memory of my Great UJ and we used only 22 rf rifles, yes I lost some fat and was a skinnier hunter ,thks Uncle never forget you !!!,🦌🦌🦌🥳😆,cheers .

Recent Posts