Deer licking his tail

13point

My wife got this shot last week in the Smokey Mountains.

Attachments

• Optimized-Copy_(2)_of_Tongue.JPG
    Optimized-Copy_(2)_of_Tongue.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 147
Yes,

He is nice 10 this year. Have pics just havent posted any. He has a big double tine hanging with him. Was up there Monday after work and they were bushhogging. Double tine came out but no photo opportunity. Wife got good pics of a good 8 though. I'll try to post a couple later.

Here he is as a 10 this year. My wife takes the pics. I just watch with binos.

Attachments

• IMG_7465 - Version 3.jpg
    IMG_7465 - Version 3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 126
Wow !! Great pics. Thanks for sharing. I figured it had to be Cade's cove. Don't know of anywhere else a deer that size would hold still for a pic.

Canon 50D camera, most of the time she uses a 70 ~ 200. She also has a 100 ~ 400. Some of the shots are taken with X2 multiplier between lens and camera, all Canon. These shots have also been cropped some. Hope this helps, I'm not really up on the camera details.

Canon 50D camera, most of the time she uses a 70 ~ 200. She also has a 100 ~ 400. Some of the shots are taken with X2 multiplier between lens and camera, all Canon. These shots have also been cropped some. Hope this helps, I'm not really up on the camera details.

Cool man. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I am sure they are "L" series lenses. They sure look like they are with the level of clarity they have. Great pics. I have been wanting to go back to Cades Cove for years now. I swore last fall I was going, but didn't make the time. This year I am going come hell or high water!! Thanks again for the pics.
BTW, did your wife get any good bear pics? Last time I was there I saw a couple of big boys out there.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.