Bobcat vs Deer

WildcatB

A friend sent this to me today. He said it was taken recently near a local mine.

catvdeer.jpg

Paul

is that a bobcat or a Lynx? not gonna claim to have seen many Bobcat's, but that thing looks huge compared to anything i've ever seen.

It is big. But I'm sure it's a Bobcat.

cat.jpg

In the last picture on you can see the banding on the tail plus the smaller tuffs on it's ears. Lynx don't have banded tails and have longer tuffs.

Here's a picture of a lynx:

80964596.LVD8mFkT.Lynxsunlookingback2.jpg

Paul

I looked it up and they do inter-breed where their territories overlap. They are called Blynx or LynxCat's...no kidding...did a google search...JohnnyK.

That is a huge tom bobcat!!! A lynx is actually lighter than a bobcat in there build, they are real thin and lanky, but Bobs are stouter, shorter with a worse attitude. He's likely to push the 50-60lb range.
I have had to release a couple cats in that size range they are impresive there front legs are the size of your arms, they will tear you up if you don't fling and run! I would rather tangle with a MT lion than that dude any day of the week!!
Real cool pic !!! :D

That is one big ...... bobcat!!!
I just killed one 3 weeks ago, but it wasnt half the size of that one.
Nice looking cat in a bad attitude.
Thanks for sharing.

Doesn't look to happy. Looks like this took place right in the middle of a road as it looks to be a guardrail in 1 of the photos.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.