Deer Birthing

We usually start seeing the mule deer fawns as early as Father's Day. That's when the rifles are in various places around the house to get after the coyotes that seem to get a couple around our house each year.

A couple of years back we woke up to banging against our fence. Looked out the bedroom window to see this guy trying to get into the backyard and follow his mom.

fawn1.JPG

A few hours later he made it in and stayed for hours.

fawn2.jpg

I had to let the dogs and llama out so I finally picked him up and moved him about 10 feet to the other side of the fence. He still had parts of the umbilical cord. He screamed once right in my ear and then laid silent in my arms while I walked him to the gate on the other side and back on the other side of the fence. A few hours later I watched him following his mom through our front yard so all was good.

With all the evil going on we can still the greatness with God's cereations even just a Doe and Fawn is a miricle.
Griffin out cat was just chattering in the window. i looked out and saw a Doe and Fawn feeding off of her in the goat field next to the house. I took Cassie our new puppy out to releive herself on the orher side of the house. She was smelling the air and then let out a deep GrrrrrruFFFF. Shen doen's bark. I looked over and there was another doe with a fawn feeding off her. I tried to take a picture but my Smart Phone camera never works right when I need it to. You can see the brown atch in the brush.
Looks like we wil have a good herd of deer this year.
I threw out a few buckets of corn for them. Will fill the feeder up later and put a camera up.
So true!!! Thanks👍

My pal, who I golf with and travel around the country on our Harleys, just watched a doe drop one several days ago, and after it was cleaned off it staggered over to one of his flower beds and took a nap for several hours and then rejoined his mom who'd lingered in the woods nearby. They are always trekking thru the woods next door & the back yard and to the rear of his home. There is a woodland park of several hundred acre behind his house. It's in the city or else I'd be out there with a bow every year.

Truly Blessed to see the birth of a fawn. We have be fortunate to see a few on our property. Our Rut is from the beginning of OCT till Dec. Depends on if the Does got bred the first go around. Gestation is about 201 days for White Tail.

We have a lot of deer going through our property and crossing the road in front of our property. In the past 14 years (4) vehicles have been totaled hitting deer in front of our goat field. Took out our fence twice and (3) of the accidents were complete roll overs and all totaled vehicles. Luckily no one was seriously injured.

Sadly so many fawns are killed when farmers are cutting HAY. They just lay there when mom jumps up and runs away. No time for the operator to stop.
That is awesome to see for sure, we also have a nice heard of White tails around us but seems like kids now days and some older kids, like 40's can keep the speed limit of 45, and drive down the road around 70 +++ many have been hit every year, I have notice that the older does say away form the roads, most are young yearlings. I've seen more dead deer on roads everywhere around here this year.

That is awesome to see for sure, we also have a nice heard of White tails around us but seems like kids now days and some older kids, like 40's can keep the speed limit of 45, and drive down the road around 70 +++ many have been hit every year, I have notice that the older does say away form the roads, most are young yearlings. I've seen more dead deer on roads everywhere around here this year.
I always see a lot of vehicle hit spotted fawns around here. On highways though not in town. Lots of deer in town always
( some big bucks too) . No whitetails in town. Both Muley and whitetail outside of town. I always feel bad for the fawns. They don't know what's going on and walk out on roads and stop. I've watched does stand at crosswalk and wait until no more cars were coming before crossing . No bull. I think they have seen their buddies get whacked or something. Be a lot of fawns around here in couple weeks. A bunch a fat belly does here. A lot of twins last year.

I see the older does watch the roads, too, before crossing.
A buddy told me that few years ago. I laughed until I saw it 3 years ago. No doubt in my mind they were waiting. The was a woman in car hauling a** down the busy street. I was across the street looking at buddies house he was selling . I said oh Cr*p ! That woman doesn't see the deer (I think 5 does) on the corner ! She was oblivious like most. When she passed they walked thru the crosswalk to other side of street and jumped fence into yard. I was dumbfounded .

A buddy told me that few years ago. I laughed until I saw it 3 years ago. No doubt in my mind they were waiting. The was a woman in car hauling a** down the busy street. I was across the street looking at buddies house he was selling . I said oh Cr*p ! That woman doesn't see the deer (I think 5 does) on the corner ! She was oblivious like most. When she passed they walked thru the crosswalk to other side of street and jumped fence into yard. I was dumbfounded .
I believe the animals have more sense than many people. I see them wait for cars to pass quite often on the highway. It's the fawns and bucks during the rut that most often don't look.

It started a couple of weeks ago around here. Holding off on any food plot activities until they get a little older. I walked out to my food plot last week and kicked up a momma deer. Unfortunately for my dog, the deer mistake her for a coyote or something. It has not happened yet but usually this time of year the deer end up chasing her around the yard. They will come out of the woods when they hear her bark. I have yet to get a video.