decision on spotting scope please.

william101

My two choices are Bushnell legend in 20-45 60mm or a spacemaster 15-45 60mm by bushnell as well.Thanks for any help or insight.

The best advice I can give you is call some of the site sponsors. There honest and I'm sure they will not steer you wrong.

Rob

If you are looking at one of the bushnells then you need to take it outside and look through it at low light. I have the legend and I am not very pleased with it at all. I did not take it outside in low light. I probablly would of never bought the thing if iIwould have known how it would preform in low light. I would shop around before spending any bones on a scope. Also if you can wait another season and save more money to buy a higher quality then that would serve you the best. I am in the process of saving now for alot better quality spotter. I cannot say enough about my ziess binoculars. They work great in all light conditions but they cost alot also. Well worth the money. Thanks....

My two choices are Bushnell legend in 20-45 60mm or a spacemaster 15-45 60mm by bushnell as well.Thanks for any help or insight.

THAT'S EZ Niether!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look at something else nikon,leupold wind river,alpen. ihave a cheap windriver that i have beat the hell out of for 6 years and it still works great. i have had the legend and got rid of it fast. for a cheaper spotter there's a lot better for the same $$$. the alpen scope look nice. you can do better i think.

Spotting Scopes

A spotter is designed to magnify the target at a high level with clarity and resolution. Unfortunately, in order to do this in a reasonably compact package the quality need to go in, which means it's gonna cost. Cheap spotters are less forgiving than cheap scopes or even binos. I would save up for a better spotter.

Scott

Thanks guys for the helpfull input,Hopefully I didnt make too bad of a decision so here it goes I heeded your advice, on the above mentioned scopes I was considering, nd went ahead and ordered a Bushnell Elite 15-45 w/60mm obj. and because it was the military version I bought it for 279.00 at Optics planet shipping included. seemed like an outstanding deal.I couldnt afford the next higher versions of the elite so hopefully I did alright. Thoughts or comments or scorns aprecciated! Thanks again.

I don't know what the military version is, but you got a great price on a decent spotter. Looks like OP is blowing them out for inventory reduction. Good for you.

The only scorn is you bought from OP....more $$ for the anti-gun crowd. But that deal is difficult to pass up.

Thanks LO. I was unaware of the anti gun support though that sucks! The diff in Military version and civilian was that the logo was removed for stealth I guess and military grade grease was added for higher temp ratings. But same scope and quality ,no case though.no biggie though.There is a 59.00 dollar increase if you buy the civillian model. Price seem to beat a few wholesalers from what Ive heard.So I feel good so far in this purchase.then again those arent the military models either.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.