Dead set to build inductance annealing apparatus.

pdog shooter

Believe I have the necessary components (not all pictured). Have 2 power supplys 12 – 24VDC for a total of 960 watts. Some 50 amp relays. A pretty neat timer switch. ZVS board I believe is very capable. I can heat a medium screw driver cherry red in about 3.5 seconds.
But thats ferrous metal. Turns out thats easy, all kinds of coils will do that. Trick is to use one that wont overheat the board.
Brass is different story
Question is; Does anybody know the inductance in henry s for heating brass. Got a meter on the way on that slow boat from china.
I'm using 1/8" copper tubing
If this works, will be around $150
1684442783230.png

Check this out:

Those ZVS boards are pretty fragile. I killed a couple getting mine working. Make sure you don't exceed your power supply's capability, have an appropriate load, and don't try to run the ZVS at more than 800 watts or so. They're rated for 1000, but don't last long if you try to run them at full power.

Check this out:

Those ZVS boards are pretty fragile. I killed a couple getting mine working. Make sure you don't exceed your power supply's capability, have an appropriate load, and don't try to run the ZVS at more than 800 watts or so. They're rated for 1000, but don't last long if you try to run them at full power.
Man, thats great info. When the meter arrives I'll know the uH.
I'm thinking a 2 layer coil might concentrate more heat in the desired area. But not sure.
Thanks again

Man, thats great info. When the meter arrives I'll know the uH.
I'm thinking a 2 layer coil might concentrate more heat in the desired area. But not sure.
Thanks again
If you want a PCB to build the MGNZ one I probably have one I can send you. They were out of stock on his website, so I drew up my own based on an Arduino Nano. I left a couple features like the current sensor off. If you're interested shoot me a PM with your address and I'll drop one in the mail assuming I can find my spares.

If you want a PCB to build the MGNZ one I probably have one I can send you. They were out of stock on his website, so I drew up my own based on an Arduino Nano. I left a couple features like the current sensor off. If you're interested shoot me a PM with your address and I'll drop one in the mail assuming I can find my spares.
That sure is nice and that rig is top of the line but Im going for the budget model, manual trap door, little bit of wood, little of metal, lots of exposed connectors. I believe it can be made for $150 thats with cooling provided from sink not fans and pump. Pretty sure mine wont be under 150 because I'm certain to make a mistake or two and thats OK. No single component is all that expensive.
Thanks again for the info

You don't have near enough PBR or antique communication devices in that picture for us to believe you are serious! I once talked through the idea with a buddy and that took a 1/2 bottle of Makers 46! To build, beer is right, but no way to be successful with only 2!

Nice project!