DBM Reliability

JaoeyP

Could anyone point me toward a resource for tuning a DBM for a bolt gun? I have three bolt action rifles that accept AICS pattern mags. I have two 5 round Magpuls, a 10 round Accurate mag, and a 10 round American Rifle Company mag. The Magpuls function best (about 95% reliable), but the Accurate Mag and American Rifle Company mag are pretty inconsistent; neither mag can go through an entire mag without jamming. Lots of issues with the follower tilting both forward and rear on these mags.

Could anyone point me toward a resource for tuning a DBM for a bolt gun? I have three bolt action rifles that accept AICS pattern mags. I have two 5 round Magpuls, a 10 round Accurate mag, and a 10 round American Rifle Company mag. The Magpuls function best (about 95% reliable), but the Accurate Mag and American Rifle Company mag are pretty inconsistent; neither mag can go through an entire mag without jamming. Lots of issues with the follower tilting both forward and rear on these mags.

Having same problem. Just found this:
The tool he is using is here:https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-mag-feed-lip-adjustment-tool/

Last edited:
Have you pulled the mags apart yet?

If not take a look at the spring relationship with the follower. Sometimes the spring end coil is not finished off flat and full . When its left like that it pushes up more on one end of the follower than the other. What you describe with the follower being canted/tilted sounds like that or the follower legs sticking and jamming to the body.

When you do wildcatting you many times can end up having to tweak mag lips etc when going from a diff dimensional case. i.e. 308 to 284 or to wsm etc

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.