Daughter's first deer

My daughter got her first deer on the youth Saturday this year. She's been hunting with me since she was 4 and is now 10. She's more of an evening sit kind of gal and had passed on smaller does and yearling bucks in years before. I had begun to think she wasn't really interested in pulling the trigger herself, which is perfectly fine since I thoroughly enjoy the time we get to spend together. When this doe stepped out with no fawns following I told her that was her deer. She told me she didn't think she could and I thought she didn't want to so I said you don't have to if you don't want to. Then she tells me no, I'm shaking too much! Got her calmed down enough for a perfect 100 yard high shoulder shot. She's hooked.
Well done young lady! There's nothing wrong on passing up until you see the one you want. We all get the jitters every once in a while. Happens to me more often then I care to admit to.😬👍

My daughter got her first deer on the youth Saturday this year. She's been hunting with me since she was 4 and is now 10. She's more of an evening sit kind of gal and had passed on smaller does and yearling bucks in years before. I had begun to think she wasn't really interested in pulling the trigger herself, which is perfectly fine since I thoroughly enjoy the time we get to spend together. When this doe stepped out with no fawns following I told her that was her deer. She told me she didn't think she could and I thought she didn't want to so I said you don't have to if you don't want to. Then she tells me no, I'm shaking too much! Got her calmed down enough for a perfect 100 yard high shoulder shot. She's hooked.
That's as good as it gets! ! !

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. It's definitely been more of a process with my girl than my son but one heck of a privilege to be able to walk through with her. They were dressing up as whatever they wanted to do when they grow up today dor school and I swelled up pretty good when she wore camo to school. I Reckon she's gonna hunt.