Dakota Arms Discontinues Miller Rifles

You are exactly correct! I'd get done as a TA with my last lab for the day and head for the fields in Pike Township. The farmer would take the hay off twice a season and on the fresh cut, I'd go out with my 700 VLS in .22-250 and smack a few, but my favorite and most productive way was to just stalk them when the grass got to be 7"-9" with my .243 (Old A- bolt). I'd just walk the perimeter and a center line or two through the big field. They couldn't see me and I couldn't see them until they stood up. Sometimes, they'd stand up 20 yards in front of me and I'd turn them into a yard sale with an 80 grain PSP out of that .243! What a hoot!

I'm not hunting up there anymore as the mining company Posted it. I have access to a nice farm here in MD but I agree that the chucks are not near as plentiful as they used to be. I would have to say it's about the funnest form of hunting to me because there's no work after the kill!

It sounds like you had a couple of things going on there : One was "purposeful" chuck-hunting, with the 22-250. The other looks to me like really good practice for deer season, when you employed the 243 and stalked them. It doesn't take much of that kind of chuck hunting to make a guy really sharp with his deer-slayer. We used to walk the edges with our deer rifles, too. There were also some long sitting sessions in a shady spot where we could see a large part of a productive alfalfa field, and do some longer-range shooting with the 22-250. Both methods were great fun, and we were usually pretty well dialed in by the time deer season rolled around.

I recently noticed that Dakota Arm's 2019 catalog no longer features the Dakota Miller single shot rifle built on the DeHaas Miller action.

I sent Dakota an email and they confirmed they have stopped making them. I own 2 Dakota Miller Classic rifles that not only exhibit beautiful workmanship but are also tack drivers. One is chambered in 7mm Rem Mag and the other in 300 Win Mag.

It's a shame these will no longer be made.
41efb01d-58c2-4550-b4d8-a62b9b8519e6_zpsp2jmzhae.jpg
46E0CF69-3037-4EA5-A203-8E3F7C537AA3_zpshdxeed2r.jpg
Contact me with a text 605-499-9798

TDJones is a new member with a post count of one. Do NOT buy or transact with this entity without careful consideration. Read: DON"T