Cz 457 trigger yodave pivot pin

Of001

I got a new CZ 457 MTR 22lr with yodave springs.
I was able to replace the striker spring without issue. The pin took a moderate tap to start and basically able to push it out.

The trigger pivot spring on the other hand is a different matter.
I ended up taking the trigger off and set it on the provided block. Removed the screws. Proper sized punch and regular hammer. I gave it a solid whack and, nothing. So I turned it over and about as hard as I dared. Another 10 good attempts and it's just getting to the surface of the trigger shoe.
I was able to get all of the other pins out with some concerted effort, but not the shoe pin.

So I whacked it back into place without getting it out with another 5 hits with a MINI SLEDGE!!

I was able to put it all back together, function test fine. Everything is smooth. Firing pin inpact is noticeably heavier (thanks to the new spring). Take up, over travel, weight are great. But I want it lighter, hence the YoDave spring.

Should I really have to go hulk to get the pin out? I'm just shy of hitting it as hard as I would driving a big ol' timber spike with the regular hammer.

Recent Posts