Trigger Slave Pins

antelopedundee

Anyone know where to buy them, like the ones shown in the pic or do most smiths make their own from brass rod?

ZU3VBLU.jpg

For just a 1 time use, I have made them out of a bamboo skewer. Smooth down and fit snug through the hole. Cut to length with a jewelers saw. For a set I use often, I will turn out of steel, Bevel one end, And keep handy and secure in a pill bottle.

I have used toothpicks once or twice in the distant past. I would expect that you'd want something to fit a little more snug if you were shipping the trigger.

Also matchsticks work great. Cut to length with side cutter pliers. They slip in just right.

Put the sear safety cam/sear bar in the front hole first and slip a slave pin in. With a tweezers set the sear spring on its post. Turn the sear bar into its slot, hold down and insert the rear pin. Presto, takes about 30 seconds.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.