CZ 457... 16.5"or 24"?

WahooYahoo

I'm not much of a rimfire enthusiast, but I have a hankering for this rifle. It will be suppressed, so my immediate thoughts were 16.5" bbl. But, as I said, I'm not a rimfire guy.

The purpose of the rifle is plinking at distance with my kids and fun stuff like that. Is there any good reason to add 7.5" to the barrel?

I can't think of a reason for the extra inches especially when you will be adding inches and weight to the barrel with the suppressor. I would imagine it would throw the balance off. I will admit that I don't use a suppressor so I'm interested to hear from suppressor users also.

Get the 16. If you don't like it you can change a 457 barrel pretty fast. I have a few of them but I don't run my can on them much, so I like the longer barrels. CZ and Lilja sell barrels for these guns.

I'm not much of a rimfire enthusiast, but I have a hankering for this rifle. It will be suppressed, so my immediate thoughts were 16.5" bbl. But, as I said, I'm not a rimfire guy.

The purpose of the rifle is plinking at distance with my kids and fun stuff like that. Is there any good reason to add 7.5" to the barrel?
A 24" barrel with subsonic is very quiet for a hunting rifle. 16" is not. Mix in a suppressor and it is more of a balance thing and the shortie wins.

This is the original barrel that came with my CZ 455. After realizing that I wasn't going to be suppressing it I purchased a unthreaded barrel. I used this barrel approximately 2 years and has probably about 200 rounds through it. It measures 19.5 inches and is in very good condition. I would like to get $90 shipped tyd but open to reasonable offers. Thanks for looking.

Bringing kids in the mix and suppressed the shorter barrel will be better. My fun gun/squirrel rifle is a CA ranger has quickly become my favorite 22. With march grade subs it sounds like an air rifle, is perfect for younger shooters and hunting. I've got a longer heavier barreled Ruger 77/22 that shoots great just sucks to carry. For strictly target shooting the extra weight of a long barrel can help or hurt depending on how you support it when shooting.