CZ 457 Found the problem

LoneTraveler

I bought a CZ457 last fall and adjusted the trigger put scope on. Shot the rifle a little and went squirrel hunting.
The trigger never felt smooth in its release. A couple days ago I thought it was time to check the trigger out. I removed the trigger, When I drove the pin out and looked at the black center section. On one side of the sear was a small shinny spot. No contact with the rest of the sear surface. I drove the Trigger pin out and removed trigger and sear parts.
I removed the little shinny spot and smoothed the top of the trigger sear also. A little smoothing with a 8000 grit water stone. With readjusting all the screws, The trigger is now 2 1/4 lb. that breaks like an ice sickle.

If you are confident and have tools to properly do this, Here is a few suggestions, IF NOT TAKE IT TO A GUNSMITH.
Be sure to have a support plate with proper hole for the trigger housing when removing the trigger pin, I drilled a little of the flange off the pin before I tried to drive it out from right side.
The receiver pin has the smallest E clips I have ever worked with. Any thing magnetic tool will snitch them. Put in pill bottle till reassembly time. Made a short dummy pin to hold the 2 sections for reinstall out of a piece of bamboo shiskabob stick, to hold the sear and trigger housing together till I got it in and punch aligned to put the original pin back in.
Use a little grease in the spring hole on the trigger to hold the spring, till you get it back in the adjustment hole of the housing.

I normally degrease the triggers on my factory rifles(still attached) as soon as I get the rifle home & then re lube them with Inox.

They always tend to have a heap of grease in them in different areas which normally means they feel pretty average.

After this they feel a lot crisper & adjust easier imo.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.