CWD Now can Infect Humans.

Scientist had them in the same test facility as infected sheep.
The source/ground zero is well-documented.

If human kind doesn't destroy themselves via war, I'm a firm believer that scientists trying to play God will.

Wuhan anybody?
I wouldn't put all my stock into Wuhan lab.
Do you think this came from China ? It's possible since they work together.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: CONTACT: Caree Vander Linden
April 26, 2018 (301) 619-2285
Fort Detrick, MD [email protected]
Study of Bat Natural Immunity to Marburg Virus May Shed Light on Human Disease
Scientists examining the genome of Egyptian fruit bats, a natural reservoir for the deadly
Marburg virus, have identified several immune-related genes that suggest bats deal with viral
infections in a substantially different way than primates. Their research, published online today
in the journal CELL, demonstrates that bats may be able to host viruses that are pathogenic in
humans by tolerating—rather than overcoming—the infection.
Bats are known to harbor many viruses, including several that cause disease in humans,
without demonstrating symptoms. To identify differences between antiviral mechanisms in
humans and bats, the research team sequenced, assembled, and analyzed the genome of
Rousettus aegyptiacus, the Egyptian fruit bat—a natural reservoir of Marburg virus and the only
known reservoir for any filovirus.
Jonathan Towner, Ph.D., of the Viral Special Pathogens Branch at the Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), provided the bats from which the DNA was extracted.
Towner had traveled to Uganda to investigate the colony of Egyptian fruit bats implicated in a
Marburg fatality there.
"Using that DNA, we generated the most contiguous bat genome to date and used it to
understand the evolution of immune genes and gene families in bats. This is classical
comparative immunology and a good example of the link between basic and applied sciences,"
explained co-senior author Gustavo Palacios, Ph.D., who heads the Center for Genome Sciences
at the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID).
https://usamriid.health.mil/press_releases/CELL%20Bat

I do know this first hand. My best friend and coworker just lost his wife to CJD a month ago. He's a hunter and ate the same deer meet she did. Was that the cause? I have no idea. What I know and witnessed was very tragic. Any disease is bad for sure but seeing CJD take its toll on her was horrific.

I still eat deer meet almost every day but I sure do think about it

I'm not saying there is no risk but there are + 6 million deer/elk shot every year in the US within a certain percentage have CWD. What percentage is debatable and variable depending on location. But there is a significant number of animals with CWD eaten by people every year, if transmissible there would likely be identifiable hotspots of CJD in areas with hotspots of CWD and a substantial increase in CJD since CWD appeared. To my knowledge there isn't. Yeah, it's been around far longer than when testing started but it's certainly spread.

For instance, where it was first discovered in Wisconsin, west of Madison in 2002. If you look at the above maps you can see where the positives are since then. This is primarily private land with lots of ag with a fair amount of public as well. Now Madison has more than its share of brain disfunction, but not because of CJD...

Saying this, it's starting to creep east towards where I hunt and there have been a couple positives within a few miles of me. I am going to start getting our deer tested, transmissible or not, I'm not interested in eating sick animals.

I am going to start getting our deer tested, transmissible or not, I'm not interested in eating sick animals.
It's probably a good idea to get the deer tested. Some states do this free of charge to the hunter.
From what I have read a large percentage of animals that test positive look and act perfectly normal.

Recent Posts