Cwd information !

I clicked on my Information and when it came on I also had to : Type under search : Can avian scavengers spread CWD ? When the reply comes , click on #2 and read what it says . Sorry it isn't working properly .

I didn't read the whole article but it sounds like a theory. Just a gut feeling but it seems like if birds were involved in the transmission it would have covered more ground faster.

I didn't read the whole article but it sounds like a theory. Just a gut feeling but it seems like if birds were involved in the transmission it would have covered more ground faster.
It could explain how states get it that don't have any deer farms in them !

Here some good news on this front. They are saying that they may have a cure for CWD soon and think it's liked to other neurolical illnesses in humans. Interesting, but we will have to see what happens.
https://ljsp.lwcdn.com/api/video/em...TGRh6l7TnJwJKXq2ZePKCz2nOPbMYcydVHtlCrcrtm84I
Dr. Bastian released this in December of 2017 and there has not been any advancement to date, and in a paper that I get, PA Outdoor Times there was just another article that stated that Dr. Bastian is no longer at LSU !

You realize CWD isn't caused by deer farms right?
From what I have read that is one way that it can be spread from, if an infected animal escapes or a wild one comes in contact with the ones inside like licking each other, but it could go either way, depending on weather the infected animal is on the inside or outside of the fence ! I also understand that some states that have no deer farms in them still have CWD in their wild cervids ! And the FACT IS, there are more questions than answers when it comes to CWD ! It has never gone full circle, therefore there is not a proven course of action to take ! Basically every state that has CWD and are trying to fight it are only going by educated guesses as to what to do ! That is all that can be expected until something concrete is found as far as a cure or preventative !

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.