Interesting information!

Yorkplates

I just got off the phone with a very professional gentleman named Randal with Beretta. I gave him the serial # off my Sako stainless synthetic .308. He told me that it was NOT a part of the re-call! That was good news. What I learned after that was the interesting part. I told him that I had suspicions that my Sako was an older model, due to the fact that my Sako rifle did NOT have the Key-Concept locking device. He said "No, your rifle is brand new!" He elborated by telling me that the absence of the Key-Concept was another sign that it was new. They have discontinued the Key-Concept locking system as of 2005! Sako's website still has the big media presentation on their website, but the Key-Concept is no longer.

I just wanted to share what I found out in case those of you whom I had spoken with were curious or there were some of you looking to purchase or refrain from purchasing a Sako rifle due to the Key-Concept system.

Your buddy,
AT

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.