CVA Accura MR X Problem

CNY Yote Hunter

Just picked up a brand new MR X in 45 cal. Excited to get back into muzzleloading as I haven't done it in over 20 years. Read some reviews but unfortunately missed some as well and wish I hadn't so I'm putting a fresh one up for others. Gun is super nice upon first impression, took it home and cleaned it and read owners manual. CVA states in the manual BH209 is the only recommended powder for this rifle and it came with the BH209 breech plug. No problem, except BH209 is non existent, only place I found any was on gun broker for an absurd amount, 249 dollars for a pound. 80 dollars for 8oz is the average and crazy in my opinion. So after doing a ton of research I've settled on 777. Got some pellets and some loose to try. Grabbed PowerBelt 195 and 285 grain- don't quote me on the 285 as I don't have them in front of me but pretty sure that's what they were. Now the trouble begins, can you use the BH209 breech plug with the pellets? Good luck finding that answer and calling CVA was a joke. First few times I called I got a technical difficulties message and was told to try later. Tried again around 1230 and got a message they were on lunch until 1245. Tried back at 1 and got the technical difficulties message again. Online I went, no really good solid info I could find other than some other breech plugs as options to buy. So I hit the range anyways, I'm definitely more of the I'll give it a try type of person. This is where things got worse, loading the rifle. The bore on this rifle is so badly machined that when putting the powerbelts in I had a nice resistance at the end of the barrel but about 3-4" down no resistance at all for at least 10" and then resistance again! Maybe it's the projectile I'm thinking. I pull back the hammer and it won't stay back. Got to be kidding me at this point. Try again and got it to stay back, took the shot. No issues with that breech plug and pellets, was low at 25 but straight so adjusted scope and tried again. Cleaned barrel completely again. Went to load another projectile and samething, resistance- no resistance- resistance again. The hammer was a issue the 2nd shot too. Took it home at this point as I felt unsafe shooting it, cleaned it all up to go back to them and found after only 2 shots the nice nitride finish has completely come off to bare steel directly behind the breech plug already. Honestly I have no faith in anything new coming out. How can Bergara put a barrel out like this and CVA put a product out like this?
- Buyer beware, the overbore issue has been discussed before on this forum and elsewhere but you have to look for it. It's a known issue and CVA and Bergara are aware but have not fixed it yet. The BH209 being the only powder suggested for use is another known issue I didn't find out about until after purchasing and reading owners manual. Again CVA is aware of this issue but still selling the product with no disclosure warning propellants needed for use are not available. They have pulled the paramount line due to this but remain selling off the accura line that needs the same powder. Just a heads up to anyone looking before dumping a grand on something you can't even use.

Attachments

• IMG_4611.jpeg
    IMG_4611.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4612.jpeg
    IMG_4612.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 46