cutting edge pills in .338rum and win mag

chuck plissken

im thinking of getting some for both these calibers. hunting and target both. not gonna try match only projectiles. rum is a single shot Rem 700 and win mag is magazine feed Tikka T3.

Any loads avalible to start with? Im gonna use 225gr in WM and hope they will fit in standard length Tikka mags (3.340 max) Maybe 252-300gr in RUM. Any help on loads would be appreciated. Thanks

I would try the D69 for the RUM and the D62 in the win mag. Unless your RUM is an 8.5 twist stay away from the 300 grainers.

I have used the 200 grain C22, in my 10 twist 300 RUM, at 3250 fps and had great accuracy, but they lost stability beyond 600 yards. They now recommend a 9.5 twist and to push them at or beyond 3200 fps. Follow their guidelines and you should have no problems. The bullets are very easy to get to shoot accurately.

Reuben

AKguide thanks. I didnt realize a 1-8.5 was needed. They are both 1-10. I do.see they have very specific loading instructions which for my single shot 338.it will be great. My tikka im gonna assume it wont be 3.340 oal for the 338 win mag. Those Tikka mags are really limited to any extra length.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.