Cutting Edge Bullets

Any experience with the raptors, they look impressive. And does anyone know how the lighter bullets will do down range. For example in my 257 Roy. Lets say shooting at 800 yards I currently shoot 115 bt they seem to only go as high as 80 gr with the raptor. How would the weight thing translate down range. Thanks in advance.

Any experience with the raptors, they look impressive. And does anyone know how the lighter bullets will do down range. For example in my 257 Roy. Lets say shooting at 800 yards I currently shoot 115 bt they seem to only go as high as 80 gr with the raptor. How would the weight thing translate down range. Thanks in advance.

I would stick with the 115 BT for 800 yard shots. For reasons like BC advantages and expansion at that distance.

Jeff

The 200 grain C22 has shot extremely well for me but loses stability past 500 yards in my ten twist RUM pushing them at 3250. That 28" 9.5 twist kreiger will eat them up I am sure. They redid their recommendations on their site, as when I bought them they said a 10 twist pushing them faster than 3200 would be enough and now state that you need a 9.5 twist barrel. I want to test their 155 grain 7mm bullets in my SAUM and also their 340 grain .416 bullets when the .416-.375 RUM is completed. With 101 grains of H870 and a .010" jump this is how they group at 300 time and time again with a 28" pac-nor.

Reuben

Attachments

• IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 94
Just an update, I've been trying more raptors from them the past year and have performed flawless. I've been using .458 socom, 357 mag, 45 acp, 223, and just ordered 100gr 30 cal for my blk. These things work as advertised. Really thinking of using the 300gr in my 338 AM. Gonna leave it up to Kirby though as he's the expert and its a turn key rifle.

Just an update, I've been trying more raptors from them the past year and have performed flawless. I've been using .458 socom, 357 mag, 45 acp, 223, and just ordered 100gr 30 cal for my blk. These things work as advertised. Really thinking of using the 300gr in my 338 AM. Gonna leave it up to Kirby though as he's the expert and its a turn key rifle.

Keep me posted on how they work out, because I may try some in my BLK!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.